I want to thank everyone here at BYC

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by lilwildrabbit, Mar 1, 2017.

1. lilwildrabbit

lilwildrabbit Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2017
    Brinson Georgia
    In the short time I have been on here I have learned a lot and want to thank everyone that has helped me through to my first hatch. You all have given me so much help I'm glad to say I have hatched more than I thought I would and I know I have a lot more hatch than I would alone. I have had people on here offer chicks and birds to me and for that I thank you all. I'm just too far away to get them. I have learned a lot on joining this group making my first hatch a success even over the odds that it would be a failed hatch. I'm so happy with the outcome. And thanks to you for each and every new chick I have. I wish every site would be like this you are far above many a group you care for others like no other. Thanks again for the Aspme help. Tim Hull

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Happy you joined our community! Many folks share your sentiments about BYC! It truly is an awesome resource and staffed with great folks! Best wishes and thanks for joining! [​IMG]

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank you for your kind words about Backyard Chickens and Welcome to the flock

4. lilwildrabbit

Feb 9, 2017
    Brinson Georgia
    I will make sure all who I meet know about this site

1 person likes this.
  5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

Hey Tim I am pleased you had a good hatch … congratulations! [​IMG]

6. lilwildrabbit

Feb 9, 2017
    Brinson Georgia
    Thanks Teila it's a start and I'm sure it's because of this group I'll have to sleep tonight with a lot of chirping going on lol. If you read my post I almost lost my whole flock because of a dog attack. Me living off just my SS is hard I have depended on this flock to help me through the hard times and produce eggs and meat for my family. So the loss was severe I'm so grateful I had the support of this group to get me back into having that flock again. It is my lifeline to have food on the table at the end of the month and not just for fun. You don't know just how thankful the group has been for me helping me understand the aspects of incubation and what to look out for and what to monitor. To know the signs .
    Last month I didn't know what I was going to do I lost over 75% of my layers and my one sitting hen with her first hatchling sitting here in the house. I was about to say the heck with it but in this group I found the courage to keep going and to try with some offering me free chicks and birds to help replenish my flock. That kind of support you cannot find. So now I have bandaged up what's left of my hens got a Roo and have some hatchlings sitting here thinking I am blessed with friends here. The encouragement was there for me and for all that this group has don I thank you all. You make this old man feel like he is worth something again!

1 person likes this.
  7. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Tim and great to hear that the incubating peeps have helped you out. It's nice of you to bother to post to express your appreciation of BYC and similarly to learn that you are back on your feet with your chickens!

Best wishes
    CT

8. lilwildrabbit

Feb 9, 2017
    Brinson Georgia
    Thanks

9. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    It's great to hear you've had a good hatch! BYC members are the best!

10. lilwildrabbit

Feb 9, 2017
    Brinson Georgia
    Yes I'll have to totally agree with that!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by