1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I want to tour a Hatchery!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by andischickenfarm, Jul 16, 2007.

1. andischickenfarm

andischickenfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2007
    N.E. Oklahoma
    Does any of you all know of a hatchery that will let you tour their hatchery? We're going to the Smokey Mountains sometime this year and I thought that on my way through different states there might be one that would let me. I know there isn't any around here that I know of.

Thanks,
    Andi

2. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    Try calling these:
    Link to the site I found them on: http://www.ansci.umn.edu/poultry/resources/hatcheries.htm
    OKLAHOMA

B&D
    Game Farm
    Harrah, OK
    405-964-5235
    - Bobwhite, Pharoah and Tibetan quail, ringneck pheasant, chukar partridge, India blue peacocks, pearl guineas and Indian red junglefowl — hatching eggs, day-old chicks, started and flight-conditioned birds.

Dogwood Hollow Gamebirds
    Claremore, OK
    - Hatching eggs, day-old chicks, and started and mature flight ringnecks, bobwhites and chukar partridges. Specialize in supplying the gamebird industry with strong birds for the field.

Howell's Exotic Waterfowl
    Muldrow, OK
    918-427-4813
    - Several varieties of wild type ducks, geese and swans.

Mason Hatchery
    Walters, Oklahoma
    - Specialize in guinea fowl.

Rock-n-Cedar
    Mulgrow, OK
    918-427-3510
    - Peafowl eggs, chicks, and yearlings in India Blue, Pied India Blue, Pied Black Shoulder, Pied Cameo, Silver Pied, White Eyes, Purple, Purple Black Shoulder, Cameo Spalding, Buff Spalding, Red Buff Spalding, and more.

Doesn't seem to be any chicken hatcheries.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2007
  3. andischickenfarm

andischickenfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2007
    N.E. Oklahoma
    Ok! Thanks! [​IMG]

Andi

4. eggchel

eggchel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Both Coasts
    Dont be insulted if some of them say no. These days, most places are getting pretty strict with their bio-security.

But, if you go, take lots of pics to share with us, okay?

chel

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by