I want to worm my chickens

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by LegginMF12, Dec 17, 2011.

1. LegginMF12

LegginMF12 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    Yucca Valley
    I want to worm my chickens. I have no signs of worms, but want to do preventative. Is there a wormer that is good for chickens and dogs? If not what is the best one to use for the chickens? I will post in the other pets forum for the best one to use in dogs. Thanks for any info in advance!

2. speralta

speralta New Egg

Feb 12, 2011
    I use Wazine 17 Turkey, Chicken, & swine wormer. Don't know if it is good for dogs.

3. BlazeJester

BlazeJester Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Midway, GA
    Valbazen (albendazole) is used for people, so it should be fine for dogs. It is the only wormer that kills all types of parasites chickens can get. You'll need to check into how much to use though. I assume it would be safe to use dosage guidelines for goats or cattle.

Edited to add: Wazine ONLY kills roundworms. If your chickens have tape or cecal worms, it will not kill those.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  4. LegginMF12

LegginMF12 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    Yucca Valley
    Quote:Thanks. I am not seeing any sign of worms in the chickens, but one of my dogs is showing signs. I would like do all the critters at one time so that there is no sharing back and forth of worms.

5. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by