I want your chicken storys =D

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by SilverScaleFarms, Aug 12, 2011.

1. SilverScaleFarms

SilverScaleFarms Out Of The Brooder

Aug 11, 2011
    Ya, i made a thread earlier, but this ones different ^^'

So i want to hear yours/someones story's of there chickens doing the unbeleivable, Such as surviving a hurricane, Outsmarting your, or anything like that [​IMG]

Links also appreciated ^^

AND PICTURES [​IMG] i luv pictures

2. lvchicken

lvchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011
    This is my y.o. BR hen Precious. She sprained her foot severely, and couldn't walk on it for weeks. In this picture, she found out her foot bowl was actually quite comfy!! She was way too lazy to actually EAT the food. I mean seriously, who EATS out of a food bowl??? jk hahaha [​IMG] She is my favorite chicken, and I am so glad she healed. She got a bit over-weight during this time, but lost slowly lost the extra pounds [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. SilverScaleFarms

Aug 11, 2011
    [​IMG] thanks!

Im glad she got better C= poor chicken, but shes so cute!

4. Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Frenzie Chicken Whisperer

Nov 2, 2010
    Hmmm. Do ducks work?

5. SilverScaleFarms

Aug 11, 2011
    Ducks work very much so <3 -grammar is optional xD-

6. Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Frenzie Chicken Whisperer

Nov 2, 2010
    Grammar is my life! [​IMG]
    Well, I have chickens too, but the duck's story is better.
    Well, my BFF and I were outside playing (She was sleeping over) And all of the sudden we found one of my ducks, Crackers [girl] layed down acting like she was drunk. She wasn't eating, and this was my first time raising ducks. But I had researched them about 5 months before, so I figured out she must of eaten an onion (Poisonus).
    So my mom,BFF, and I (My bff is going ot be a vet, so this was a bonus for her!) Had to force her to drink by opening her mouth and getting one of those tube things that holds water and squirt water in her mouth. Her boyfriend Pip, was protecting (Idk why... the chickens never bothered them) her while she was laying down and having her head sway back and forth.
    We finally had to go to bed, but my mom got us up at 1:00 am and we checked on her. Still the same.
    But in the morning she was healthy and fine again [​IMG]

But then about three months later right before Crackers was ready to lay, she started attacking my first chicken (You know how big of a deal that was!) and almost killed her >.<
    But they live on a happy farm now [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by