I was just getting ready to turn my eggs but I guess I won't now

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by pkw, Jul 5, 2010.

1. pkw

pkw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2010
    North Edwards, CA
    I was just getting ready to turn my eggs and go into lockdown tomorrow but I guess I won't now. My eggs are due to hatch July 9th but there was some of the eggs that was rocking. I have 3.5 dozen in there of some RIR/Turken mix (some pure turkens, some pure RIRs) that I bought from a friend of mine. The first time I incubated some of her eggs, I only got 1 chick. Fortunately the second time around with her eggs I have only had to toss out a few of the eggs.

2. Jarsheart

Jarsheart Out Of The Brooder

Jun 27, 2010
    The exact thing happened to me. I am incubating eggs for a friend, expecting them to hatch July 9th, heard peeping yesterday, have two hatched this morning. Two more are rocking. My friend was astonished when I told her. Very exciting. And congrats on your hatch !

3. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Sometimes I have early hatches, yes, stop turning and jack up the humidity!

4. pkw

May 14, 2010
    North Edwards, CA
    My humidity is at 70-71% and I got up this morning to a total of 10 pips and lots of chirping coming from those eggs. I am hoping none got shrink wrapped because I had turned the eggs yesterday 2 times before the first pip came along. I am trying so hard to keep busy. I am so glad I gave it another shot at incubating eggs from my friend. I called her today and told her I have 10 pips and she was amazed that 10 are pipping. She always gets early pips from her eggs too.

5. rhondaa

rhondaa Out Of The Brooder

Oct 17, 2009
    North Tx
    I had some ee eggs come out a day early to and they are due today. My question is when i have chix come out early they flip the eggs over and move them all around will this cause problems for the other eggs? I hope not i have waited along time to get ee eggs!!!ahhh

6. pkw

May 14, 2010
    North Edwards, CA
    I don't think so because mine are rocking into the eggs next to them and it doesn't seem to be hurting them. Good luck with yours

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by