I was not looking for anothe horse!! New pictures on pg 2

TMNTCkins

Songster
11 Years
Apr 2, 2008
Valley Springs California
A friend of mine called and said that she has a friend that lost her house and needed to find her pony a home. He has not been touched in over a year but was very sweet and kind. So I asked her to tell me about him. He is 9 yr old Andalusian/Arabian cross, 14 hands, bay, and has been a trail pony. We have two great horse, my daughter rides dressage, a little jumping and I give vaulting lessons. My son has the best pony ever so never even thought about another horse.
Yesterday we went out to meet him. I wanted to see if he lunges, he does, know voice commands and did everything I asked. I was shocked!! I let my daughter get on while on the lunge line and he did everything she asked. She loves him, says he has the smoothest trot.
So we are bringing him home on Saturday for a trial. I want to make sure that he enjoys the vaulting and that my daughter might be able to take a few lessons with him. We can keep him as long as we want or if he doesn't work for us my friend has 10 acres that he can go back to.
I really hope he works. He has great movement and is so cute. Will post pictures when we get him.....

Last edited:
Sounds like a win win for both of you. If he did as great as he did after sitting for a year, imagine how he will be with a little work.

I can't wait to see pics of your new guy.

Wow, he sounds like a total sweetheart! I want to see pictures when you get a chance. Best of luck with him, he sounds like such a great horse!
love.gif

Thanks everyone. I have never had an arabin or an andalusian so this is a first. We have always had quarter horses, paints & a morgan. If he is as smooth as he looks he should be great for vaulting and a blast to ride!! I can't wait to try him out.
big_smile.png

He sounds like a hidden gem! Sometimes the best "things" that happen to us are those that come along when we least expect them! Good luck and can't wait to see pics!

I think hes really pretty. I dont know a thing about horses what is the red body/black leg color combo called? Or maybe there isnt a name for it? At any rate the color combo is really pleasing to my eyes. Congrats!

Lucky you!

My bay Arab gelding was the love of my life -- he died at the age of 34 and took a piece of my heart with him --
I hope you'll love this guy as much ---

Kiss him up under his mane for me --

Back
Top Bottom