I was only going to get 10

AuntieD

Chirping
Mar 23, 2021
I finally got baby chicks this morning. I went to the farm store not expecting much variety. They had three of the breeds I wanted. The Easter eggers and RI reds are pullets. The Sapphire gems and Barred rocks are straight run. And I couldn't resist the tiny little bantams. I left with twenty
IMG_20210417_182426003.jpg

I am feeding medicated chick starter and just plain tap water. Do I need to put apple cider vinegar in the water and if so how much?

Congrats and no you do not need to add ACV to the waterer.

You should move both the feeder and waterer away from the edge of the box so they can walk all the way around each.

Why do you have the divider piece of cardboard in there?

Sorry...one more thing...
I'd advise to remove the shavings for a few days just to make sure they don't eat them.

Congrats and no you do not need to add ACV to the waterer.

You should move both the feeder and waterer away from the edge of the box so they can walk all the way around each.

Why do you have the divider piece of cardboard in there?
I was hoping to keep the sleeping area cleaner...lol

I finally got baby chicks this morning. I went to the farm store not expecting much variety. They had three of the breeds I wanted. The Easter eggers and RI reds are pullets. The Sapphire gems and Barred rocks are straight run. And I couldn't resist the tiny little bantams. I left with twentyView attachment 2622447
Have a bigger brooder ready they grow fast. The medicated chick feed and tap water is fine. Check for pasty butt everyday, so it's easier to clean when it's in small amounts. After a week they should be good.

Back
Top Bottom