1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I was part of the coolest, most incredible thing ever...(w/baby pics)

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by booker81, Dec 18, 2010.

1. booker81

booker81 Redneck Tech Girl

Apr 18, 2010
    Mid-MI
    ....last night.

I was honored to be asked to be present at the birth of my two best friends' daughter.

I've known the husband for almost 15 years - we've had a brother/sister kind of relationship I guess - I had to meet and "pass" his girlfriends, he had to meet and pass my boyfriends (he and DH are now great friends). He met his wife a few years ago, and we hit it off fantastically. They were married in 2009, and when she got pregnant, they asked if I would please be present at the birth for support.

Now, I've foaled out horses, and I've had my own child, so I'm pretty down with how the whole thing goes [​IMG] However, it was just so incredible - just to be a part of something like that with two people who mean a lot to me, and watching the perfect birth of a beautiful little girl.

What an amazing thing - especially when it's not you in labor! I just can't get over how incredible it was.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  2. DAFox

DAFox Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2009
    SW MO in Vernon Co
    Congratulations to your friends, and to you as a witness. It is a truly amazing thing to be there at the birth of a new human being...
    ...and unforgetable. I was present 3 times at the birth of babies other than my own two. I still have very vivid memories of all 3 that I witnessed even though the first one was almost 33 years ago.
    I've got joy in my heart and a smile on my lips today.
    Thank-you,
    Dale-Ann

3. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Wow! That really is an honor. Congratulations to your friends on the birth of their daughter - and to you!

4. Louieandthecrew

Louieandthecrew I am actually a female!

Quote:x2! Wow, what a great thing!

5. SparksNV

SparksNV Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Spanish Springs, NV
    I can't imagine anything else more spectacular! Congrats to everyone! [​IMG]

6. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

How awesome!!

*Generally we expect pics in posts discussing babies*...just sayin...lol

7. booker81

Apr 18, 2010
    Mid-MI
    Quote:Alright, force me into it [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The wee one and I [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The parents [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Wow! When my children were born, fathers were not allowed in the delivery room. I hated when my wife was wheeled from the labor room to delivery. I wish I could have been there to witness their birth.

9. booker81

Apr 18, 2010
    Mid-MI
    Yup, now they allow two "support people" per mother. Her choice on who it is, and it was the dad and I [​IMG] . They let the support people be very much a part of it too - my friends were not about "modesty", so rather than use the whole stirrup thing, the dad and I each supported a leg, and gave her encouragement and were able to watch everything. Dad cut the cord, and we were able to help mom hold the baby the first time, and be a part of the whole weighing, measuring, and footprints, everything. After baby was deemed to be in perfect health (she got all 9s on APGAR!), all staff left the room to us to be together. Momma wanted to try to feed baby immediately, so being I was the only one in there with "experience", I helped her with that. Talk about pure, utter joy. It was one of those moments that was just so intensely beautiful it almost hurts your heart. Baby latched right on, and mom was just talking to her, mom's eyes were only for baby, and baby only had eyes for her.

10. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

Really touching and you'll always have a special bond. Congratulations to all on the beautiful baby

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by