I was rude to a stranger

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chilling in muscadine, May 7, 2009.

1. chilling in muscadine

chilling in muscadine { I love being disfunctual }

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    that was trying to steal from my property. When my sister moved last week to go back to her abusive boyfriend she ended up leaving a heating and air unit that they couldn't fit on to the truck. The unit is maybe 20 feet or more from the road, well enough on the property that it isn't sitting on the side of the road like it is trash. This morning the dogs woke me up and I went out to see what was up. There was a woman trying to load the unit into her trunk.

I asked if I could help her, assuming my sister had sent her to pick the unit up. The woman asked is this junk and I said no. She then asked if she could have it and I said no. I then made her unload the parts she had already loaded in her trunk. Then this woman got an attitude with me and said she tried to get someone to the door but she couldn't because of my dogs. {GOOD FIDO, GOOD FIDO} When she said she couldn't get anyone to the door because of dogs I looked her in her eyes and said "Then you should of left."

What would you do? My sisters boyfriend will not allow my sister to us the phone so I can not call her to get it. The sheriff told me if I call the non emergency police number I would be arrested. If I hadn't of woke up the thing would have been gone and I know I would of be blamed for it. This person clearly must of thought it was scrap iron since it was in pieces. Any ideas and do you think I would be liable if it did come up missing?

What I can not understand is I have pitt bulls, rottys, pitt bull/blue heeler mixes, {16 dogs} why this stupid woman would even get out of her vehicle. There is no one we know that is brave enough to get out at our house unless one of us is out there. None of the dogs are running loose though.

Edited for language.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2009
  2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I am sure I would have been more rude than that. Of course, if Ken were home, he would have been out there with his weapon. Our yard is fully fenced, so they have no reason to be inside of it.

3. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

are you planning on using the AC unit? Is your sister planning on coming back to get it? If she left it there then its abandoned property and I'd trash it and be glad that someone was taking it. Sorry sis.. take your stuff with you when you leave or come back and get it within a week or its in the trash, sorry. I'm not a storage unit.

Why would you be arrested for calling a non-emergency number? Thats what its for - if someone is on your property that isnt supposed to be there.. arent you supposed to call non-emergency?

4. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Why would you be arrested for calling a non-emergency police number?

5. giasmom

giasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    Woodville, Al
    Why would the sheriff arrest you for calling the NON-EMERGENCY number? Thats what that # is for isn't it? The lady was stealing wasn't she? no, I don't think you would be liable if it came up missing. Your sister is the one that left it sitting out there isn't she! Just my opinion!

6. rufus

rufus Overrun With Chickens

May 17, 2007
    And if your dogs had bitten her, or she had dropped a piece of the unit on her foot, she would have sued you.

Why do people think they have the right to steal stuff? I have people coming into my yard taking anything made of aluminmum and picking fruit off of my trees. I can't leave a rake out in the yard that someone doesn't take it.

What is happening to this country?

Rufus

7. cherig22

cherig22 Green Fields Farm

Sep 2, 2008
    SW Missouri
    No matter what else, I would be on the phone to a supervisor or sargent finding out why Officer X told you would be arrested for using a non emergency phone number.

Cheri [​IMG]

8. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    send certified letter to your sister asking her to come and get it within so many days,and if she doesnt it will be disposed of.
    make sure you keep a copy of the letter along with the certified reciept from the post office...

9. chilling in muscadine

chilling in muscadine { I love being disfunctual }

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    Quote:That is what I want to know, WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE

And what is up with she is in my yard stealing and then cops an attitude with me. I should of let a dog out on her, maybe she would think about it next time.

This county has no animal control laws so it would be a civil case if it made it that far. I know I wouldn't let a dog out though.

10. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    in my case she would have been staring at me with a shotgun in one hand and a cellphone in the other,, dont you dare move lady while i call police. Your case could be grand theft

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by