I was thinking about worming my two 1 year old female mallards

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ChrisV1986, Apr 11, 2012.

1. ChrisV1986

ChrisV1986 New Egg

Apr 7, 2012
    Now I have read different things people who recommend it and others who say dont worry about it. I guess I wanted to ensure they dont have worms. I want to make sure their healthy specially since I am getting 2 new ducklings. They are free range but if I do decide to do it what is the best stuff to use to protect from not just worms but maybe other pests (lice etc). I dont want it to harm my girls but I want to ensure my girls are going to be healthy with the new babies coming.

So what is the best wormer I have heard about , flubenvet, and ivermectin (one little drop) and a few others but have read negative things about them all so i want to see what others think and what people have used on their ducks

Thanks for everyones info

Chris

2. destinduck

destinduck obsessed with "ducks"

Mar 20, 2008
    n.w.FLORIDA
    Welcome to BYC Chris I wouldnt worm them unless they had worms. Its as simple as that. If you have to do it though both of those wormers will do the job. Its pretty rare for ducks to have worm problems. Im not a big fan of giving ducks preventive worming like some birds. They are pretty hardy in this area,

3. ChrisV1986

ChrisV1986 New Egg

Apr 7, 2012
    Thanks for the kind welcoming :). Yea i have heard people say no and yes. I was told from mcmurray that ducks drink so much water it basically washes them away. I heard so many people saying yes and no so its so confusing then some places say use this and use that so it makes me want to pull my hair out when i cant get a single answer hahaha thanks for the info. *chris

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by