I was told this rooster came from Pakistan? Edited

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by emvickrey, Oct 21, 2009.

1. emvickrey

emvickrey ChowDown Silkie Farm

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    The man across the street came over the other day and said his dad has these chickens that came from Pakistan. He would bring us one. This roo has pin feathers starting on his head and down his neck. He has large spurs though. So he isn't young. I figure at least a year old.
    Here are some pics. Could somebody identify him for me please. He is a beautiful bird but I can't put him with my flock because the man said he will fight till the death. We don't allow mean chickens here. He is very beautiful.
    I'm not sure if I want to find a hen or not. I may just rehome him.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ignore the mad look on DH's face. He had just got wings flapped in his face. He was getting ready to close his eyes in case of another wild burst. lol

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  2. Egg_newton

Egg_newton Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2009
    East Central Indiana
    Quote:LOL! I was just getting ready to ask what the rooster did to make him so mad. [​IMG]
    I don't know what breed he is but he sure is beautiful.

3. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    Maybe an Aseel? that's what they use for doing that BAD BAD thing! It doesn't seem to have really good evidence of being fought. I would be very careful around it!

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  4. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Be careful. Threads about cock fighting are banned. If people don't limit their responses to trying to figure out the breed, the thread may get closed.

5. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Looks like a Shamo or Assel to me...game cock.

6. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Quote:Yes be careful.

AL

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I do not know what breed he is, but it is not illegal to own any breed of chicken, sorry. No matter what he is, owning him is not a crime anywhere in the U.S. that I'm aware of. He has beautiful colors in his plumage, though.
    And as Jody said:

2. No PETA or Cock fighting posts, period!

Unless this conversation is limited to what breed he is, the thread will be closed.

8. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Yeah--it's not against the law to own those. IDEAL hatchery sells them. It's only illegal to use them to fight (in certain nearly every state). I've heard in the right hands, they are very smart & personable birds, in fact.

9. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    This roo has pin feathers starting on his head and down his neck

Could be that he is coming into or going out of a molt. I have 4 Rhode Island reds that get that way right before a molt..
    As for that rooster being used for "bad things" I would say no..

Chris​

10. turtleblossom

turtleblossom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    Kentucky
    Can you get a pic of him standing naturally? A profile shot would be best.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by