I was told this were black sex link but i'm not sure

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chick_magnet, Jun 5, 2010.

1. chick_magnet

chick_magnet Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2010
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    The ones in the top pic could possibly be, but the ones in the bottom pic are a randome mixture of breeds.

Here are some of my black sexlinks that I made by crossing a Buff Orp roo on Barred Rock hens.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. chick_magnet

May 25, 2010
    What the black chick on the bottom because he told me it was a black sex link

4. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Quote:Nope, he's got a big red comb and a roos shape, he is just a roo of some sort, not a sexlink

5. chick_magnet

May 25, 2010
    thanks again i will definitely not buy it from that person again. i should call him but whats the point right?

6. Blue

Blue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2010
    Virginia
    It happens. The guy I bought all my bantams from was pretty wrong in his information as well. My cochin hen turned out to be a roo, and I think my silkie hen may also be a roo. My silver duckwing baby turned out to be spangled, and my sebright tuned out to be a quail OEGB. I don't really care, and I'll probably still buy from him in the future, but I'm definitely not going to rely on the guy for information about the chicks he's selling anymore. lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by