I weighed my roosters tonight (pics)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Buster, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Buster

Buster Back to Work

So I weighed all my big roosters tonight and here's what I got:

Frodo- my son's 2 year old Buff Orp Roo- 9 pounds
    [​IMG]

Geronimo- my 8 month old Splash Orp- 9 pounds
    [​IMG]

My 6 month old EE roo- 10 pounds!
    [​IMG]

Diesel- my 9 month old Black Orp- 13 pounds!!!
    [​IMG]

2. BeardedChick

BeardedChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Good grief. What are you feeding those monsters? I can't believe your EE is that big!

3. hippichick

hippichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Branch, La
    That's quite a difference in weight between the black orp and the splash and buff orps. They're beautiful, by the way. The EE is gorgeous. He's a big boy at 6 months! I've got one that looks very much like him.

Paula

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Your EE is an extra large boy! Now, I'm not a bit surprised at Diesel's weight. I happen to know his daddy. [​IMG]

5. Buster

Buster Back to Work

I have heard that the blacks get the biggest out of all the Orps. The buff roo wasn't raised here so I'm not sure how he started out but I'm guessing that he is smaller because of it. He's going on two years old. I weighed that black about 6 weeks ago and he was 9 pounds, so I am thinking that the splash will be a big boy too!

My black Orp Diesel is a son of Speckledhen's Suede and a grandson of BamaChicken's Blue Boy. The splash Orp Geronimo is out of jebrab's eggs that Bammony hatched and brought to me.

The Lemon Blue EE roo there was a chick that I got from Bammony. I had no idea before tonight that he was even close to that size!

6. Bammony

Bammony Red-dress-less

Aug 15, 2008
    Salina, Utah
    Nice looking roo's Buster. You're pics are nice but too see these birds in person is nothing short of amazing! [​IMG]

7. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Wow, nice size on those boys. I'm not surprised on the EE. I had a big boy EE here once and they can be some really hefty fellas.

Jody

8. BeardedChick

BeardedChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Alright Bammony, how do I get some EE eggs from you? [​IMG]

9. Buster

Buster Back to Work

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
  10. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Deisel's weight does not surprise me at all.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by