I went out this morning and came home with 6 new babies

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by LuLuBelle, May 2, 2009.

1. LuLuBelle

LuLuBelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Richmond, VA
    Well, a friend of mine told me about a swap meet at a farm that was taking place today. So, I got up at the crack of dawn, [​IMG] and dragged my husband out of bed so that we could go... [​IMG]

I wanted to be out there early enough so that I could get a silkie, and i had heard that they sell out quickly... So we get there and I'm so excited,there's LOT of people there.... [​IMG]

I find two little silkie babies... so I decided that I just had to do it, if I left them I knew they wouldn't be there when I got back around... so......... I got one black silkie and the man said the other one was buff... I said SOLD [​IMG]

Then we walked around some more, truth be told I could have bought all the babies, but then I'd be broke... so after the second trip around my husband said I could have a total of 4 more bantams and then we would have to go.... So, I agreed... [​IMG]

So I found some baby bantams... I was in luck.... so I bought 1 Black Japanese, 1 Gray Japanese, 1 Buff Brahma, and 1 Partridge Wyandatte. And if's obvious that these babies were just a couple of days old...

Here are some pictures: [​IMG]

Here's my Partridge Wyandotte
    [​IMG]

Here's my Buff Brahma
    [​IMG]

This one I believe is my Gray Japanese, I've named it Happy Feet
    [​IMG]

Here's a picture of the Black Japanese
    [​IMG]

This is my Silkie that is buff, but maybe I misheard the color??
    [​IMG]

and
    [​IMG]

and this is my black silkie
    [​IMG]

and I just have to tell you, my sweetheart that I've named Marilyn (hoping it's a girl) came over to see how everyone was doing and welcome then to their new home... so adorable...
    [​IMG]

I believe the silkies are maybe 10 days old, and that the other ones are just a couple of days old....

They are sooo cute, and my husband is being wonderful about this, as he's the one who encouraged me to get the first batch of chickens...

Just had to show my new babies...

Last edited: May 2, 2009
  2. my5lilrugrats

my5lilrugrats Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2009
    They are adorable..congrats on your new additions

3. LuLuBelle

Apr 16, 2009
    Richmond, VA
    Thank You

4. Debi214

Debi214 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    Richmond, VA
    I am sooo jealous; they are sooo adorable! I wanted to go to that swap today but was told by DBF "no way you have 18 eggs in the bater and they are due to hatch on May 10th" [​IMG] Congrats!!!! [​IMG]

5. Sock Puppet

Sock Puppet Grumpy Hen

Mar 3, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Congrats [​IMG] I love my chickens, yours are super cute!

Your one silkie looks like a partridge silkie and not buff [​IMG]

6. LuLuBelle

Apr 16, 2009
    Richmond, VA
    Quote:I told my husband this morning that I had sent you a message. And that you were bummed because you couldn't go. His reply, "that's OK we can take her, she can go if she wants".... I don't know if he's going to let me out of the house again... LOL, between the flowers that I bought last night at Home Depot and my new babies, who knows i might come home with a puppy next... [​IMG]

7. Majestic Lane Poultry

Majestic Lane Poultry Heart Strings Animal Rehoming

Feb 9, 2009
    I believe your silkie is a partridge. I don't do buff silkies so I really shouldn't say. Anyway...I love coming home with babies. Baby dogs, baby rabbits, baby chickens, baby...you get the idea! Congrats

8. LuLuBelle

Apr 16, 2009
    Richmond, VA
    Quote:I know I don't know my colors very well when it comes to chickens, but i didn't think it was buff..

9. Debi214

Apr 6, 2008
    Richmond, VA
    Or maybe the silkie is a blue????

10. Debi214

Apr 6, 2008
    Richmond, VA
    I will retract the blue and go with partridge......

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by