1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I went to a CHICKEN AUCTION tonight!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by pdbantam, Sep 17, 2011.

1. pdbantam

pdbantam Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2011
    South Mississippi
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

What a fun date! Talked my husband into going to a chicken auction I'd read about online. He's still shaking his head and laughing (more of a cattleman). He'd do most anything for me though [​IMG]

2. Jloeffler

Jloeffler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2011
    Northeast NC
    How cool, never been to one! Did you get anything?

3. pdbantam

Jul 13, 2011
    South Mississippi
    I didn't even know there was such a thing but evidently they hold one monthly. They had chickens, quail, turkeys, pheasants, and even a few bunnies. It was fun. I got a trio of silver duckwing bantams.

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Looks rather crowded! How were the prices?

5. pdbantam

Jul 13, 2011
    South Mississippi
    It was crowded! I was in awe of the whole thing. We paid $33 dollars for 3 silver duckwings but they were a birthday present for my 84 year old mom so we really didn't care. They are so cute. The prices seemed high to me but I'm not current on chicken prices. [​IMG]

6. Jloeffler

Jloeffler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2011
    Northeast NC
    Congrats on your new flock members! We have two local chicken swaps a month right now, though they may die off a bit as we move toward winter. It doesn't truly get cold here though until November though. An auction would be cool, though!

7. Whittni

Whittni Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Southern Utah
    Congrats here too, do you have a pic of the trio?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by