I went to a farm today

duckncover

Duck Obsessed
15 Years
Jan 17, 2009
North Eastern PA
I went with an outdoor adventure club to go horseback riding but I sorta got side tracked. After my first time around with the horsey I seen a chicken pen and sorta went nuts. I begged the farm owner to let me in with them and several kids and me went in and pet the chickens but I was in there for almost 2 hours. I want a chicken so bad but I know I can't legally keep one, outside at least. The farmer even said to me to just take one but the club director said I couldn't bring her on the bus
barnie.gif

I wanted to know a little more about keeping chickens. Could I keep one or two in a medium dog coop with a very small run built on it. The run has a wired bottom. I could easily bring it down to the ground if I have to. I'm not sure if I could keep them outside since you can't keep chickens where I live. Can you keep a chicken inside your house? I've seen chicken diapers on here and I could keep them in a cage I have that's roughly 50" X 30" X 25" and has a big door on the top. I want 1 or 2 hens and I could put a perch in there along with 2 food bowls and a makeshift nest. I'd probably use pine shavings as bedding. I would take them outside when It's nice out and I'd make sure they have a window. I'd keep them in the cage when I'm not home and release them into my closed off room when I'm around. I think it would work? Another problem is that I can't even find anyone that has some hens. I don't like to hatch eggs since I don't have good luck with babies and would like to save the heartbreak.

Thanks for the help in advance!

what do you mean?! i have a bantam polish in my house! he's my baby! (8mo old and i can't get him in with other birds since he hatched alone)

he doesn't start crowing until you turn the light on in the room and he knows i'm awake to play with him. he crows when he hears that i am home from work and wants me to play with him some more.

Chickie'sMoma :

what do you mean?! i have a bantam polish in my house! he's my baby! (8mo old and i can't get him in with other birds since he hatched alone)

he doesn't start crowing until you turn the light on in the room and he knows i'm awake to play with him. he crows when he hears that i am home from work and wants me to play with him some more.

Mine is very loud. He doesn't crow a lot but when he does....
th.gif

I think 2 small Serama hens would work well.
You could take them outside in a dog crate and let them graze a few times a week.

I would start with quail. Many people raise them indoors. I have a quad I just got the other day. The eggs are so freaking CUTE!
love.gif

img00122v.jpg

Back
Top Bottom