1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I went to Chicken Heaven today

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by jackiedon, Jul 12, 2007.

1. jackiedon

jackiedon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    I looked up a number from a neighboring town that had an article in the paper for baby guineas for $1.50 so I headed out.

When I walked out the back yard I want to start singing "Heaven, I'm in Heaven. This man has everything!!!!! All kinds of chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys, peacock and goats!!!! Apparently this guy has had throat cancer because he has to hold up a wand to talk. I was scared I was going to run the batteries out of the wand because I was asking so many questions. I asked if I could bring my husband and daughters and he said of course.

I could have pulled up a chair and sit there for hours watching all of them. Man some of the geese where almost as tall as me.

Right now he is selling:

all types of guineas I got more Lavender than anything else

cuckoo maran

turkeys

peacock

jackie

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Ohhhhhhhhhh, Im so glad he is too far for me!! LOL

3. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    Uh oh........I've gotta ask.......where in Central Arkansas is he? If he's south of Little Rock I may be in deep trouble.......[​IMG]

4. blossom hen

blossom hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2007
    NE Tx
    Well, round trip to Little Rock is just 'bout 6 1/2 hrs for me. "DAY TRIP!" [​IMG]

5. Jsto

Jsto Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2007
    North Carolina
    Ooohh, it's rough isn't it?! I found a similar place a few weeks ago whilst looking for a temp feed store because mine was out of starter feed. Very, very dangerous place. Geese, ducks, peafowl, chickens, guinea, pigeons, turkeys...I was in poultry paradise. I wanted to cock my eyebrow, pull out my wallet, and say 'I'll take the lot' but managed to escape with just one wee silkie chick.

6. ann

ann Out Of The Brooder

Jun 14, 2007
    ava,missouri
    alright where bouts in arkansas was it?

7. jackiedon

jackiedon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    He's located about 15 miles south of Little Rock on I30 outside of Bryant. If you are interested I would love to meet you and take you out there.

jackie

8. 65browneyes

65browneyes Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2007
    Arizona
    If I weren't in Arizona, I'd meet you, too!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by