I went to the Bloomsburg Fair Today

ginbart

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 9, 2008
Bloomsburg, PA
and I looked at all the chickens. Of corse none of them looked as good as mine.
lau.gif
I hope no one from on here takes their chickens there.
hide.gif
But tomorrow when I go back I'm taking my camera and I hope to get some pictures. There are some really nice birds there. I'll show them on here if anyone would like to see them.

I would.
smile.png
I like looking at other people's birds.

I remember when I went to the NY state fair I saw some big RIR roosters that had virtually NO hackle feathers and looked like a mess. I remembered thinking to myself-why bring an animal that looks like that? This wasn't even the 4-H section-it was an open poultry bird!

I love poultry shows. I just wanna take them ALL home.
hugs.gif

I did see one hen there that didn't have an eye but she was very pretty. And they had some naked necks. That's the first time I saw them there. I was surprised they didn't look as bad as I thought they would. LOL And it was funny watching 2 roo's trying to fight with each other, they couldn't touch each other but they were still trying. I will get pics tomorrow and try and get all there names because I didn't know what some of them were.

Sorry spelling

Last edited:
We were there, didn't see any silkies or araucana, very disappointed with that. however a nabor down the street from us Won Grand Champion with his Buff Orpington Roo..
thumbsup.gif

Id say 50% of the birds were in a lite molt or beginning one..

We had a blast their and was lots of fun..you could hear sugarland performing while walking around there..

Last edited:
I was shocked I did even see any RIR this year. My son keeps telling me I should take my rooster next year because he always thinks Don is nicer than what is there but I hate to say the conditions could be better. One thing I noticed was that many of the winners werent very local.

Personally i couldn't stand leaving my birds there for that amount of time and all the people(including young un supervised children) that do cruel things to them, like teasing them and poking at them, when we were there i had a Lil spat with a grown women going pen to pen blowing in the birds faces real hard. I told her she should be ashamed of herself..she told me to mind my own business and i said i will tell security what you are doing and she stormed off out of the building..

Quote:
I saw the silkies they were all the way in the back on the left. There were only 2 of them. What day did you go? I know they didn't have them all in there before Monday. I left the lady my name because the 4H wanted to put chickens in but didn't have anyone to test them. I have pice of some I will put on later my batteries are dead.
th.gif

I did get a pic of the Grand Champion with his Buff Orpington Roo. Boy was he big.
ep.gif

Quote:
I saw 2 RIR's they were so small my RIR's would have ate them. I'm going to put mine in next year. And ams3651 if you need someone to do the blood work let me know. I will do it for you. I know what you mean about the conditions, I don't understand why they didn't have feed cups in there for them. They all had water cups. My chickens have feed all the time I wonder why they don't. Maybe I will ask them when I go back today or tomorrow. I'm a little sick today and don't feel like going anywhere. AND if I do put mine in there I'm going to put some cardboard around the pens so they have more shavings in with them. I really didn't see many local people in there.

Ginbart we were there last night... we must have missed them as we didn't see them, i seen some of the cages were empty but appeared to have had birds in them at some point during the week..

Yes Thomas B had nice white orp hen there as well..

Like you said no feed cups, just cracked corn sprinkled around on the pen pans..

DW(Hinkjc) and the youngest daughter are crazy going on some of them monster rides..you couldn't get me on them for nothing in world...
sickbyc.gif

Last edited:
I talked to the man from the Bloomsburg Fair and I will be putting my RIR's and silkies in this year. I will be adding my own cups for water and feed and adding something around the bottom of the cage so the shaving don't come out. You can see pics of the fair last year from the site below. Sorry some of my other pics are there but enjoy. Let me know if you can't open it. Some of the pics are not that good, sorry.

http://s959.photobucket.com/home/ginbart-2010/recentuploads?page=1

Back
Top Bottom