I went to the Equine Fair in Ohio in April

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by MidnightChickenLover, Sep 8, 2009.

1. MidnightChickenLover

MidnightChickenLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2009
    Yeah I know.. a little slow.
    I just wanted to say a few things.
    The Friesians there were absolutely gorgeous. They had one that was mostly blind, he was a beaytiful stallion that trusted his trainer enough to run and do dressage. He was amazing.
    Then there were Mules and some other horses like Trakehners (I forget how to spell them).
    What really got me was the Gypsy Vanners. I was allowed in a pen with Delcassian (Don't know how to spell his name), a Gypsy Vanner Stallion, to take pictures. Then Villa Vanners also had another stallion with them, Silver Bullet, in which they let a little girl go in and help unbraid his mane. Oh my, Delcassian just made me want to hop on his back and ride away into the clouds! He is gorgeous!!!!!!! (That is saying something because I'm afraid of getting on horses ever since I was bucked off of one)
    www.villavanners.com

2. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    Lucky you to see some in person! I have admired the Gypsy Vanners for years. They have an interesting history and are drop dead gorgeous!

3. MidnightChickenLover

MidnightChickenLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2009
    I know..![​IMG] Plus they are sweet and sound

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by