I went to the Evergreen WA State Fair today

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Rainman, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Rainman

Rainman Out Of The Brooder

Jul 29, 2008
    Woodinville WA.
    I thought I'd show some 4H kids entries

Dino Chickens

[​IMG]

Chicken Feed

[​IMG]

Egg feed needed

[​IMG]

Light and eggs

[​IMG]

A HUGE Cochin Black. He crowed just as I snapped the pic so his head is up..

[​IMG]

The Chicken Displayhouse

[​IMG]

Cute

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
  2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Nice. I plan on going to the fair Monday with my family. Did you get to eat lots of good food? That's my plan. Corn on the cob, elephant ear, funnel cake, turkey leg and purple cow minimum! Of course not all by myself, well the corn yes but not the rest. That's a stroke and a half!

3. Rainman

Jul 29, 2008
    Woodinville WA.
    I went for the giant Turkey Leg.
    Looking at the chicken displays made me hungry! LOL!

There is one person, Annie Spoelstra from Snohomish, who had lot of nice Chickens displayed. Many different breeds.

Do you know her?

4. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    So cute! I love the fair displays [​IMG]

5. balticbabe

balticbabe Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    King County, WA
    Thanks for the post. How was the fair? I've always gone to Puyallup, never to Monroe. Puyallup takes all day at least. Is it possible to get in to see the birds and out say within four hours?

6. Rainman

Jul 29, 2008
    Woodinville WA.
    Quote:Oh yes, The evergreen fair is small but fun. You can do the whole thing in four hours easy. if you don't do the carney stuff. I just go for the 4H and FFA critters and for the ag displays.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
  7. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I don't know any exhibitors actually. Those turkey legs though are awesome!!!

I find the one in monroe is a bit more "farmy" and a bit less commercialized than the one in puyallup. But the biggest reason for going to the one is monroe is that it's a 20 min vs a 90 minute drive. :p

This is my 23rd consecutive year out of my 22 years in existence! There were lots more birds and animals displayed when I was little, but I think a lot of farms and ag people have greatly decreased in the area in the past 15 years of my memory.

8. balticbabe

balticbabe Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    King County, WA
    I went yesterday. Had a great time. Wish there were more standard size birds displayed. The Monroe fair is Much more laid back than the Puyallup. I got to see piglets without pushing anyone out of the way. Hope it's mellow next year but I think it was the weather that kept people home.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by