1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I went to the mall yesterday

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by I have WHAT in my yard?, Aug 22, 2011.

1. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    And I think the country life has truly taken hold.

I could not stand it. [​IMG] It was loud and over bright and I felt like a country bumpkin in the big city. There were too many people!

But, the weird thing is I was in New york City last week and did not feel the same way as I did this mall.

Just an overwhelming homage to consumerism made me feel out of place and terribly uncomfortable.....

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    What's a mall?

[​IMG]

3. I have WHAT in my yard?

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Seriously you should have seen this place! I have never seen anything like it. It was huge before, but it has gotten bigger and now has 5 huge anchor stores including a Target!

Monstrously huge... [​IMG] There was a whole store devoted to tweezing your eyebrows!! I kid you not. Eyebrow design. Yep. And there were all of these women sitting in these chairs. I thought. Recession? What recession? [​IMG]

Smoothie bar and coffee bar. 2 smoothies and a lemonade was $11!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG] Is it just me?? [​IMG]

4. Spookwriter

Spookwriter Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Ohio
    Malls are just crazy.

Over priced and too crowded.

5. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    People dont bother me. I love people watching, mostly around xmas though.
    Youll see some funny things! [​IMG]

Traffic is what gets me.
    Ive lived in the "country" (I dont consider Monroe to be real country but people from my hometown do) for about 5 years..
    When I go back to my hometown UGH! So congested!
    [​IMG]

6. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    Nope its not just you. I hate the mall and will avoid it at all cost. I hate Wally world too. I like to shop as much as I can at the smaller businesses. I love yard sales, consignment shops and good will. If you could have listened to all those women sitting in those chairs waiting for their eyebrows to be done, they were probably complaining about not having any money LOL.

7. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Aint that the truth!

8. I have WHAT in my yard?

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    We sat in the food court - insane asylum with french fries in my opinion! And we saw a girl DD knows from school. No surprise there. Over the years we have learned a few things about this family: mother and daughter know this mall like they know their houses. (yes houses plural) And mom has her credit card number memorized! For real. She can rattle it off.

So DD waves and smiles and then says, "Oh my god those people have no life. All they do is shop. What point is there in a life of collecting stuff you can't afford?"

I know it was practically a quote from me, but I was glad to hear at least some of it stuck! So little sister DD chimes in -" they need a hobby!"

[​IMG]

9. PaulaSB12

PaulaSB12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2010
    Online shopping no people no fuss.

10. I have WHAT in my yard?

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Goodwill shopping.

Consignment shop shopping.

Second hand stores, craigslist or best of all Don't buy it!!!

Recycle, reuse, repurpose!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by