I will be moving to my new place next week.... Counting down....

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by chickenzoo, Aug 4, 2011.

1. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

We are set to close on the new place next week, then I need to put up pens and fences to contain the critters and start moving in.................. I will love my 16 acres of bliss, but the dirt road can be bad and worst yet, I don't get DSL............. so computer stuff will be slow until I get the other house sold and can afford luxuries again.... [​IMG] Wish I had a few flat bed trailers to move pens on... fun fun fun with just one, hehe. But it will get there.....

[​IMG]

The view out away from my back porch.............. my soon to become chick shed and farther back what will become the horse barn.....
    We'll have a bit of clearing to do one the other 10 plus acres, but it is small width trees mostly............

[​IMG]

coming up the driveway......................... you can just see a hint of the metal barn roof out back......

I have a nice little Ranch style house in Florida for sale if anyone is looking................................ [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  2. calicokat

calicokat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    azalia, indiana
    Awesome place! Have fun settling in and making it your new nest.

and it's ok. You'll live even on dial up [​IMG] That's all we've ever had.

3. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Looks great! A few hiccups will just keep it more interesting! [​IMG]

4. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    Really cute. Very sandy road you will be living off of.

5. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    That looks very nice. I bet you will love it there. [​IMG]

6. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    I'm so happy you finally found a bigger place! Even if it has Dial-Up! [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2011
  7. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    We have an air card. It works great.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  8. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Quote:I'm in Florida...... it's all sand...... hehe... if I dig down too far I'll hit water..... [​IMG]

But yes, it's a bit sandy. the road the house is on isn't too bad , but the road it's off of can get real bad when there's no rain. Luckily it's only a short distance from the paved road...

I may get an air card later, right now I got a AT&T go phone.

9. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I'm counting down...... getting nervous...... lots of plans... lots of things to do...... I need an army.......... only have 2 arms.....and hubby's 2............ getting excited..... getting worried...... [​IMG]

10. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Nice little place.I want a brick house next time.And 16 acres-total bliss! Enjoy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by