I will have Icelandic chicks and eggs soon--

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by revelu, Apr 14, 2009.

1. revelu

revelu Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2008
    Midland, MI
    My friend has written an article about her Icelandic chickens for the latest Backyard Poultry magazine (I think that's the title anyway) and she has had many requests from people looking for Icelandic chicks and hatching eggs.
    She does not have the time to deal with this so I will be hatching Icelandic chicks for those who want them, these are very very rare in this country-- our stock is from the first birds imported from Iceland a few years ago--
    this is just a notice -- and if you're interested in Icelandic chicks or hatching eggs please let me know! When I get my own flock built up we will have many more available--

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    cool!!! [​IMG]

3. ntiveheart

ntiveheart Chillin' With My Peeps

i'm VERY interested. please put my name on your list for hatching eggs please!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  4. Jeff9118

Jeff9118 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Greenup KY
    Just curious. Is this an actual breed or is it just a mixture af all the breeds that have been imported there and they are just called this because this is the placed they mixed them all up?
    Are these accepted by the APA or is there a standard. I am not very familar with this breed but the pics I seen of them suggest that it doesnt really matter what color or traits they have. It doesnt seem to matter if they have a bit of a tuft on thier heads or muffs or whatever. Please correct me if I am wrong as I would like to know more about this breed. Some of the spotted ones are colored really pretty and what do you aim for when breeding them?

5. chickiebaby

chickiebaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    western mass
    do you have any pictures to post? tx.

6. Birdgirl

Birdgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  7. Patchesnposies

Patchesnposies Chickens.....are my ONE weakness!

Mar 5, 2008
    Southern New Mexico
    Please put me on whatever list you have for eggs when you have them!

I find these birds and their story of near extinction fascinating.

Deb

8. newnanchic

newnanchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Newnan, Georgia
    I am intrested as well !!! Pleae put me on the list would also like to see pictures of the actual birds they will be coming from Thanks

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  9. crazyeggkat

crazyeggkat Out Of The Brooder

Jan 13, 2009
    Nashua,Ia
    Hey I read that article and found them very interesting I am wanting on you waiting list also!! Please notify me when your ready to sell!!

10. revelu

revelu Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2008
    Midland, MI

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by