I Will Never Raise Goslings For Anyone Again

pinkyglory123

Songster
9 Years
Jul 3, 2010
hit.gif
Since I have the facility, love doing it, was placing an order of my own- I raised three duckings and two goslings for a friend. Four geese-now three months old are staying with me. The ducks will be fine since they will be living on a pond and are quite self sufficient. The geese however are so much more "human?" that it is going to be really difficult to part with two. Very difficult. I am giving her the two apparent males who also happen to be the more stand off ish. I am keeping the four who form my second (deafening) shadow. Nope-won't be raising geese for others any more.

I feel for you...they really are wonderful creatures - and are very smart. I'm very attached to mine and don't have the foggiest idea about how I'm going to thin down my flock of 24 this Fall - I just dread it! They form very strong attachements to each other and their people and places. That is why I will not send just one off by itself. I really think they do better in pairs or trios...so look on the bright side...at least you are sending the two off together.

I wish there was something more I could say...are you sure your friend still wants them?

Joni

I totally understand your feelings - geese are so special. Well, I sure hope you get visitation rights!
big_smile.png

Last year I got my goose, Keld, when he was only 8 days old from a guy who raises about 50-60 geese each year. He almost wouldn't let go of the little gosling back then - he didn't know me at all, and he was really worried about the fact that I intended to have only one goose. He had never heard of indoor geese before.

We kept in contact, and last night Keld and I went to visit him, his wife, and all the geese. He is really happy to be able to see Keld once in a while, and to know that Keld is happy and thriving. And Keld actually likes him back - he started following him around yesterday like he follows me.

Awww...what a nice story Goose Girl!
love.gif

and PinkyGlory I am sorry your heart is breaking!
hit.gif
Good luck.... remember, they will be fine!

Back
Top Bottom