1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I will NOT complain about the rain....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by TammyTX, Sep 12, 2009.

1. TammyTX

TammyTX Overrun With Chickens

Feb 16, 2009
    Texas
    but why is it in Texas you either have a drought or a flood??? WHY?

My brother is staying with me until the 26th. He is working off his room/board and a airplane ticket. Part of his duties are getting my garden into shape and re-caulking/painting the house.

With the drought and 67 days of 100+ I had no summer garden past June and I had high hopes for a fall/winter garden. Well of course it decided to start raining! We are in a drought for two years and now they are shutting down parts of IH35 because 13 inches fell in 8 hours a little ways north of here and we have had about six inches in less than 24 hours according to my rain gauge. Not good "dig up the garden" weather, that's for sure.

BUT I'M NOT COMPLAINING!!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
  2. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    Quote:Yeah you are! [​IMG]

But go ahead....sometimes it is good for the soul!

3. TammyTX

TammyTX Overrun With Chickens

Feb 16, 2009
    Texas
    I'll let my Smiley do it for me....

[​IMG]

4. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Rain is nice! We just got a bit of rain today! But not everyone likes rain as much as I do...

5. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    I spent most of my life in Austin, I feel your pain. A friend lives off Braker Lane and she is as frustrated as you are. Feast or famine....

Hang in there, think about your parched grass and trees!

6. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    Yes, why does the drought relief rain have to come in one 48 hour period? After two years, you think it could spread itself out a little longer. The ground is so hard not much is even soaking in, but I'm not complaining. It's still only 70 and that is very good news indeed, after the heat of this summer. My poor chickies look like they've been dunked, and they are muddy!

7. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Welcome to Texas. If you don't like the weather, just wait a minute. [​IMG] THAT was my introduction to TX weather, and it's so true.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by