I wish her dog would die... :'(

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by LaneyAngel, Apr 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaneyAngel

LaneyAngel Out Of The Brooder

Jan 20, 2009
    Australia
    Some people around here might know me, and of course, there are those who don't...

When I hatched my very first egg, a Frizzle that I incubated all by myself... I was so excited, but then it hit... baby was alone, and I spent a few days not being able to do anything but spend time with chick, coz chick would scream if I wasn't in attendance.

So I bought my little one 2 companions. A pair of Isa Brown babies only 2 days older than my little one...

My original Frizzle baby I named Nugget and I named the 2 Isa Browns, Syd and Mel.

I hand raised them, spending a lot of time with them, and over the time, they've become absolute pets. They're only a month and a half old. They live in the backyard because I'm not comfortable with them being in with the grown ups yet (last time I tried, Nugget was viciously attacked. All down his back, his wings and his head was pecked to shreds, feathers and chunks of skin missing)....

So they've been in the backyard.

My dads girlfriend, this dopey broad who lives next door has a dog called Sunny who has spent a lot of time eyeballing my chickens, and she has always assured me "he would not do anything to hurt them, I have trained him"
    Yeah? Really? Trained him how? The only chickens or birds he's ever seen in his life are MY chickens and birds. HOW exactly have you trained him? You used a rubber chicken and said "bad boy don't touch" ????
    WTH!

Anyway... today, when she came over, she bought her darn dog, like she has a hundred times over, and once again, he eyeballed my chickens, and copped a kick in the ass from me for doing so.
    My dad and her both shouted at me for kicking him when he had not done anything.

Three hours later, one of my young Isa Brown pets is dead.
    He chased her and he killed her. He bit her hard and squeezed her, and now she's dead because of him. One of my babies, who I have loved so very much. Absolute pets. My little Mel. She would always climb on my lap and sit on my arm and eat out of my hand... She actually enjoyed being held.
    And now she's dead coz that stupid THING couldn't control her stupid dog. I hate them both so much!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I know it sounds silly, being so attached to a chicken, but my pets are like my babies, and these three chicks are absolute pets. They think I'm their mother. They follow me around the yard, and sit on my lap and everything.
    I hate this!
    A life cut so short because that dumb broad couldn't leave her stupid dog at home...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. nzpouter

nzpouter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    did the cow apologise?

3. SpeckledHills

SpeckledHills Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Idaho/Utah
    It is not silly to me to be very attached to chickens.
    And it is extremely endearing when some consider you "Mom". It stirs up maternal protective feelings, too, so it SOOOOO rough when something happens to one of your little ones.
    So, so sorry. [​IMG]
    p.s. Do you have any photos of the little sweetie for memories? I hope so.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  4. LaneyAngel

Jan 20, 2009
    Australia
    She didn't apologise until over an hour, and she comes in, putting on the crying act, asking if I would forgive her for what her dog did.

I TOLD HER a million times "the second you turn your back he will kill one of them" and she ALWAYS always adamantly said he wouldn't do anything.
    Yeah... and now my baby is dead.

Twice before chickens of mine have gotten under the fence into her yard and later been found dead, but of course, with no absolute proof he killed them, they both look the other way and say he didn't...

Not long after I first moved back here, I had a Frizzle Rooster, Elvis. He got under the fence and was found dead in their backyard. Dad found him. Dad told me that he was found dead in OUR backyard, so obviously he suspected something, coz he knew I would go hurt the dog if I knew my boy had died there.
    And only a couple of days ago, a young chicken I'd had for only a couple of days got under the fence and was found dead. Found with its INSIDES hanging out its butt.
    But again, "there's no way Sunny could have done that"

:hmm

While she was apologising to me I ignored her. Because I knew if I spoke, the only thing I would say is "if your dog so much as LOOKS at my chickens EVER again, he WILL die. And it won't be painless"

I mean... sure, she says she's trained her dogs. MY dogs, have NEVER been trained not to attack animals, they just don't! I can stick my two dogs in my bird aviary and lock them in for hours, and they're fine!
    Granted, their Pomeranians, but one would at least expect them to CHASE the birds/chickens and frighten them to death.
    But it doesn't happen. They don't do it by nature.

All I can see now is that her dog is a KILLER by nature.

And sadly, no, my camera died on me about a month ago, so the last picture I have of Mellie, she was a tiny chick still.

[​IMG]

Ope... I did find ONE more recent picture....
    my chickies going through the uglies:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  5. nzpouter

nzpouter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    whoa... hold a sec there matey... I can sympathise if it happen in your backyard... but if they went into the dog's yard, it's a different story....

The best thing for you now is to make sure she NEVER bring the dog back to your place.

6. xadika

xadika Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2009
    If the lady brings her dog over again, ask her to keep it on a leash. Unfortunately, dogs are predators. When they see food just running around it's often their first instinct to go after their prey and kill it.

It isn't the dogs fault for being a dog. It's the lady's fault for not keeping her animal under control. I'm very sorry that after being told time and time again to keep her dog at home, or away from your pets, that it took the death of one for her to 'wake up.' =/

I remember when a coyote got my ten year old shih tzu last year, I wanted to hunt the thing down and hang it's pelt on a tree as a "warning" for the rest of the local wildlife to back off.

7. Indiana hens

Indiana hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2008
    Pendleton, Indiana
    Sorry for your loss!

8. Sissy

Sissy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Sevier county, Tn.
    So sorry you lost ur little pet.
    the dog got a kick but she should have got one.
    and a good swift one..
    . she's the jerk .. dogs are dogs..
    chickens live here ...
    so no dogs allowed from the other side of the fence..
    Make some rules..

9. farrier!

farrier! Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    [​IMG]

So sorry......

10. LaneyAngel

Jan 20, 2009
    Australia
    Quote:I personally have told her time and again I do not want her dog in our yard while the chickens are there.
    Time and again, she has ignored me and bought her darn dog anyways.

Still... how does one enforce rules on a moronic, alcoholic, mentally messed up weirdo, who even on her best sober day, doesn't have the brain capacity of a squirrel.
    My dad won't say anything about it, because she has a cry, he doesn't hear the end of it, she grump and whinges and gripes like a grump.

Not too long ago she came over here and for no reason verbally abused me, when I hadn't done anything.
    I tried to ignore her, it got worse, so I exploded and told her exactly where to go.
    She cried her eyes out, went crying to my dad. My dad ignored her, so she picked up a lamp and threw it at him. Called him names and left.

This is NORMAL behaviour for her, and yet he doesn't leave her.

So what can one do, when the man who OWNS the house, won't even enforce rules on her, because she goes schitzo??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by