I wish my DH would finish the coop!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Keltara, May 17, 2011.

1. Keltara

Keltara Chillin' With My Peeps

They are six weeks old today and have outgrown their brooder. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

~*sigh*~ Here's a bigger better home....just waiting.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  2. Newbie in Screamer Al

Newbie in Screamer Al Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2011
    Make him a deal,LOL. It is almost done, and looking good. Perhaps his favorite meal and breakfast in bed if he gets it done for ya. Tell him it is really nice, and will be such a proud day for him when he completes it. Best of luck

3. CupOJoe42

CupOJoe42 CT Chicken Whisperer

Apr 11, 2011
    Wow! He's doing a real nice job! Make sure you pass on our compliments and tell him we can't wait to see the finished product (while you light a fire under his butt!)

4. Keltara

Newbie in Screamer Al, :

Make him a deal,LOL. It is almost done, and looking good. Perhaps his favorite meal and breakfast in bed if he gets it done for ya. Tell him it is really nice, and will be such a proud day for him when he completes it. Best of luck

Al...I wish it were that easy. I just have to put on my patient hat and keep it tightly in place. I have 10 broilers coming next week, and he promised to make a portable tractor for them (It's not started yet). I'm thinking I may need to pass on the meat birds this spring. Maybe mid summer.​

5. Steadfast

Steadfast Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    NC. USA
    My Coop
    YES!
    Bribe him with sex! [​IMG]

Us guys respond to that kind of bribe! [​IMG]

6. Keltara

Quote:I will definately pass along the compliment. Thanks!

7. Keltara

Quote:LOL!!! He gets that pretty regularly. Maybe I should threaten to cut him off till the coops finished??[​IMG]

8. chickenlickin8

chickenlickin8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    Valrico, Florida
    My Coop
    Well, no bribing needed here. Just a few gentle reminders of how important it is to you and then ask..."Is it done yet?", Is it done yet?"....LOL! I tell my DH what a big, strong handyman he is and then he smiles and wants me to be happy so he does it......always works for me [​IMG]

Here is our coop:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My girls: 11 weeks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Quote:LOL!!! He gets that pretty regularly. Maybe I should threaten to cut him off till the coops finished??[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] Until he crosses his legs and grovel!

You can "threaten" to undo his handywork by picking up a tool and say I will finish this myself since you are very busy right now. And put up the hardware wire temporarily from top to bottom, and use U nails.

That would get the fire under his feet.

Or hire a handyman.

10. chickenlickin8

chickenlickin8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    Valrico, Florida
    My Coop
    Well, no bribing needed here! Provide a few gentle reminders of how important it is to you and then ask..."Is it done yet?", Is it done yet?"....LOL! I tell ym DH what a big, strong handyman he is and then he smiles and wants me to be happy so he does it......always works for me [​IMG]

Here is our coop:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My girls: 11 weeks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by