I wish there was a dating site for bird/exotic lovers

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by danischi24, Feb 20, 2012.

1. danischi24

danischi24 Loves naked pets

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
    Do any even exist?? [​IMG]
    I was just online looking at some of the fabulous birds & animals for sale. I'd love to meet someone with my passion for exotics but it's not exactly a common hobby. Imagine a heated room themed for relaxation: a pond with Mandarins & African Pygmy Geese, songbirds in bamboo cages, ferns, bonsais & bamboo plants with water trickling through all of it. Koi ponds, Chinese Water Dragons & some pretty flitty jewel type nectar eaters-except that they would probably poop on everything [​IMG]

Even as unsettled as my life is right now, I think about a camel, emus, warmblood horses, a pied ball python & a bottle baby dairy kid, not to even go into the birds though the more exotic of those will have to wait for the most part [​IMG]
    In the next few months, I should be able to fulfill this daydream if I choose. I've sourced them, priced them, found transport & my neighbor has the facilities & wants me to come live on the property.
    There's no one to share it with though. None of my friends or family are interested in animals the way I am. "Why would you want a camel?" Are you kidding?? To ride it of course! A trip for two into the mountains or desert of the holy land for the weekend. Tent & camping gear straps to the 2 person saddle & we're self sufficient. Wine & a picnic basket under the stars while the camel munches contentedly, hobbled next to the tent. I worked with riding camels for awhile & though I'll take a horse's herd & fear instinct over a camel's anytime, they truly are the "Ships of the Desert."

This has turned into a random rambling [​IMG]

2. Bullitt

Bullitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2012
    Texas
    I think you should contact zoos. You are looking for a zookeeper. [​IMG]

3. danischi24

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
  4. Bullitt

Bullitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2012
    Texas
    Wow, too bad I live in Texas. [​IMG]

I am sure you won't have trouble finding a nice guy who likes animals.

5. danischi24

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
    Easier said than done :)
    A guy who likes animals doesn't mind when you bring a stray puppy home, as long as it doesn't happen too often. A guy who loves exotics gives you puppy dog eyes when something at the livestock/exotic auction comes in at a steal or is special.

6. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    Oops!. Maybe suggest it in the forum feedback section. [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  7. danischi24

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
    Please keep it family friendly because I would hate to have the thread closed [​IMG]

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I think that the 'bird lover' DNA needs to be tempered in order to keep us under some sort of control. Too much could lead to 'feather mania'.

9. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    Not many men want to be second fiddle to critters. Start with a few pets.

10. danischi24

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
    You always give threads a humor injection Sourland [​IMG]
    Luckily I also love weird, hairless or scaly creatures to add balance to my feather fixation. I just know how boring it gets for these poor men I date to have their ears constantly filled with animals, animals & more animals. It would also be nice to have a participative appreciative audience.
    I live within my means, have no debt at all & realize that if you keep buying, you have to sell too.

ETA: My man is never second fiddle to my animals. He is my partner, my better half, my best friend, my confidant & the alpha to my pack [​IMG]
    I once had a man who used to get upset when animal emergencies took precedence over his wants. This is something that needs to be accepted when having animals & has nothing to do with fiddles & is more a priority issue. You can wait...the cow with twisted twins stuck inside her at 3am needs a glove & the pulling machine [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by