I won some eggs on ebay what is sheid eggs mean?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Berynn, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Berynn

Berynn Cooped Up

Oct 13, 2007
    I yhought that I bid on rir's, ee's/ leg horn's and sex links, the woman e-mailed me today and told me that I should get my order in by thursday and that I should let them sit for 24 hours because they were shied eggs, and I needed to do that to let the yolk settle from the shaking from the shipping? Is that done with all shipped eggs?

2. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Yes, all shipped eggs should "rest" for 24 hours

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Yeah, pretty sure she meant "shipped". Do let them rest for the 24 hours so they can settle.

4. Berynn

Berynn Cooped Up

Oct 13, 2007
    Thanks for telling me, because I would had put them in the bator. I do plan on setting up my bator and letting it run for a few days and maintain a good reading before putting my sheid eggs in.
    so she just mispelled shipped. boy that funny. I was begiining to get carpal tunnel syndrome looking up sheid eggs. I was ready to call her and tell her that I wanted s=chicken eggs not sheid eggs.

5. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

That's probably my problem with shipped eggs, I haven't let them settle for 24 hours before I set them in the bator. When I get my eggs from Lisa I will let them set for 24 hrs first.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by