1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I WON!!! WOOT!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gumpsgirl, Jun 13, 2008.

1. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    I was getting ready to go to town this morning when I received a phone call from a person I didn't know. She asked me if I was listening to the radio and when I told her no, she told me that they had just called out my name to win a $100 gas card on the radio station that I normally listen to. Then she asked me if I had the phone number and I told her that I couldn't remember what it was so she gave it to me. I was thinking to myself that this was probably a joke but figured that I didn't have anything to loose by calling and I'm soooo glad that I did! They truly had called out my name and I did win!!! [​IMG] I called the person back who had taken the time to call me to let me know and thanked her big time!!! I am so grateful to this stranger who took the time to look my phone number up in the phone book and call me so I could get my gas card! There truly are some wonderful people who still live in this world. [​IMG]

2. BrahmaMama

BrahmaMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    South Dakota
    Congrats! That was very nice of her to do that. It's good to know there are still people out there, like her [​IMG]

3. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Wow! That's amazing thats someone would do that.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2008
  4. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Yayy for you! That would only give me half a tank of gas [​IMG] LOL

5. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Quote:Holy cow, what are you driving?

6. MissPrissy

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Excursion.

7. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    It might be time to look into a smaller vehicle for trips to town, MissP! [​IMG] That's what we have been trying to decide to do. We will keep our mini-van, but get a small car for trips to town. [​IMG]

8. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    wow a stranger did that? There are still nice people in the world. Congratulations on winning! Sounds like you should take her to lunch ( or coffee at the gas station LOL )

9. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Ahhh, I have an explorer which I'm sure takes less gas. 100.00 probably fills it now. I don't go far so i rarely fill it. [​IMG]

10. MissPrissy

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I do all the errands once a week or every 2 weeks. My DD works in the ER so whatever I need she gets and brings home after work. I like not having to go to town. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by