I wonder...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by PotterWatch, Aug 2, 2011.

1. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I was watching a young guy waddling down the street just now and it made me wonder. Do you suppose there will be an uptick in the number of middle-aged adults with hip and knee problems in a few decades? I just can't imagine the the spradle-legged way of walking it takes to keep your 3-sizes-too-big pants from falling down around your ankles can be good for your joints...

2. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    I think there will be. I can't imagine how they think it is attractive to have their pants hanging almost to their knees... And on top of that having to walk that way to keep them on! I personally find it rather disgusting... [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  3. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

Boy, do I agree, perhaps we are getting older????

4. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I was definitely feeling my age as I typed that out. I think I would rather be old than subject everyone to watching me waddle with my pants not where they should be...

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    If they only knew where that "fad" started... [​IMG]

6. Oldfort_mailman

Oldfort_mailman "The Fortfather"

Jul 19, 2011
    cleveland tennessee
    My dads brother in law (my uncle by marriage) told me the greatest pants falling down and waddling story I have ever heard, although this guy didnt do it intentionally. When he was eight years old he and his father went to town to get a belt for their lawnmower. As they were coming home thier car started sputtering and died halfway up a not very steep hill. They were only a few hundred feet from their house so he told my uncle to steer the car while he got out to push. He did not realize that his belt had got snagged on the car and had come undone and as he began pushing the car, his pants actually fell all the way down to his ankles. My uncle was too short to reach the brake pedal and didnt know how to work the emergency brake and he obviously could not let go of the car as it was on a hill. His only choice was to push that car the rest of the way up the hill to the flat spot with his pants around his ankles. My uncle said even though he was little and thought that was the funniest thing in the world, he knew if he laughed he would never see nine years old.

7. ChooksinChoppers

ChooksinChoppers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    Quote:ok I will bite...where did it start? still disgusting anyways.......who want's to see anyones underwear or see them holding onto their crotch to hold pants up.....ewwwwwwie

8. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    Quote:Me too. As the country boy I've become I only wear Wranglers. I want to say samething to them but I'm to nice for now.

9. michelle89

michelle89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2011
    That is one fashion statement that needs to go away!! I just don't get it.

10. Delta2 23

Delta2 23 Flock Master

Sep 4, 2008
    Fashion statement?

I can't see anything fashionable about it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by