I wondered when this would happen

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Jhawker, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Jhawker

Jhawker Out Of The Brooder

Jul 20, 2014
    Smith Center, KS
    I bought some "fake eggs" to encourage the girls to lay in a new nest box. I bought a dozen pastel colored and a dozen white. I use the white eggs for an antique egg basket for decor in my kitchen. I thought the pastel fake eggs would be easier for me to tell they are fake.I . Well that didn't work out too well. I have since sold all but one of my white egg layers. I have Easter Eggers with blue and green eggs and mostly brown egg layers now. The fake eggs have ended up in egg cartons several times.
    Well today was a new "duh" for me. I saw the cutest picture on Face book to use a cut up black olive to make an edible spider on top of deviled eggs. So I get out the Westbend Egg cooker and cook the seven eggs. I highly recommend this egg cooker. I use fresh from the chicken house eggs and they peel perfect every time. So imagine my surprise when I try to peel a freshly cooked egg and it simply won't crack. I accidentally cooked a fake egg.
    From experience I will tell you they don't peel worth a hoot. :D

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Funny! I have the same pastel colored ones, wound up putting black X's on most of them after collecting them more times than I want to admit ... they do float when you try to wash them, usually my first clue!

3. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    LOL! I've always put a sharpie dot on the fake eggs for identification purposes ever since I ended up with a fake egg in my egg basket many years ago. :eek:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by