I would like Eggs!!! - updated (PA)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Hope0491, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Hope0491

Hope0491 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    VA/PA
    Thanks to everyone who contacted me about eggs!!

I am covered for my list.. But, I'd like to update it!! =]

1 dozen BLRW

1 dozen Speckled Sussex

1 dozen Red or Yellow Golden Pheasant

1 dozen Ringneck Pheasant

I'm looking to get these around Feb 4th, if that's possible.

If you could just send me a PM or post here what you have, prices and I would love to see pics also.. that would be eggcellent!!

Thank you!
    ~Lacey

Last edited: Jan 22, 2008
  2. countyroad1330

countyroad1330 Thunder Snow 2009!

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    My Orp hen just started laying, so I doubt the eggs are fertile yet. If you are willing to wait, I can get you a dozen at least by the end of February; I want to make sure they're fertile. $20 for a dozen (that includes shipping), and here's a pic of the lovely roo:

[​IMG]

3. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    I bet they ARE fertile!!!!! [​IMG]

4. countyroad1330

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    I haven't seen them mate, just try. [​IMG] And I'd hate to send someone a bunch of rotten eggs. *ha*

5. Hope0491

Hope0491 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    VA/PA
    I'm so sorry I didn't see your post earlier!!

Thank you for the offer!! I would be interested, your BO's are very pretty! Would it be possible to let me know after you check fertility?

Thank you!!
    ~Lacey

6. Parson's Wife

Parson's Wife Blessed Abundantly

Jan 22, 2008
    Arkansas
    Do you like the personality of your Buff's? Are they good layers? I have small children, and I've got to place an order for chicks by this week-end...my husband has no patience...I want some that will be more "family" oriented, as well as good layers...if possible.
    [​IMG]

7. Kentucky~Momma

Kentucky~Momma Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2007
    South Central Kentucky
    My buffs are great. They have wonderful personalities, and haven't missed a day laying either all winter, getting an egg a day from each almost every day.

8. countyroad1330

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    I'm sorry I'm just now getting back to this post. My Orps are very sweet. I've only had them a little over a month, but they've caused me no problems. They are a little nervous when I pet them, but still let me. The hen JUST started laying; I guess that would make them a pullet and cockeral. Anyone who's interested please let me know.

Parsonswife - I can hatch chicks for you, but you would have to come pick them up. I am in south central OK. Orps are known to be good dual-purpose birds (meat and eggs.) My great grandmother kept Buff Orpingtons for food years ago, and a lot of children keep them for show because of their gentle nature.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2008
  9. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    I know Cynthia (speckled hen) hatched some Speckled Sussex. PM her and I am sure she can tell where she got them. I want to say it was from a breeder in Tennessee.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by