i would like to add a new pet in a while

mulelover1999

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 13, 2012
I love animals!! I want to add another one to the family but I don't know what kind of pet I want. I have 3 dogs 8 chickens 3 mules and 1 cat. I love my pets. What are some easy to take care of pets? And where do you suggest getting them? And what breed?

I have a created gecko and he is probably the easiest thing to take care of besides a pet rock. He lets me hold him and I bought him a nice upright tank with fake plants and fake stone for him to climb. They don't required heat if your house is warm (between 68 and 70 degrees). I feed mine crested gecko diet that I order online. You just mix the powder with water. He has a water dish and I clean his cage every two to three weeks. Depending on him much he eats I can get away with cleaning the cage even less. With the crested gecko diet, there is no smell at all.

They can be a bit expensive to start but they tend to live about ten years or so. They also get quite large. Mine is over eight inches including his tail. The huge seller for me was that I didn't have to feed live food.

We don't have a pond for ducks and I have owned a guinea pig and she wasn't much fun. I am not really a fan of reptiles. They just don't interest me.

My son has a sugar glider. It is definitely an interesting little pet. -pretty simple to care for as well. The little critter rides around in the hood to his sweatshirt. -very friendly little fellow. (It is nocturnal, however, and tends to run about in an exercise wheel and leap about in the habitat all night. -kid is a night owl, so that works just fine for him.)

I don't find that they smell any more or less than any other pet. We do clean the tray at the bottom of the habitat, and wipe down the sides every other day. -really eliminates any odor. We have a male, and he does "mark" the habitat. Again, odor is eliminated with regular cleaning.

Back
Top Bottom