I would like to welcome my cochin girls Princess & Perdita *Pic Heavy*

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Plucky Pullet, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Plucky Pullet

Plucky Pullet Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2010
    I purchased 2 sister cochin chickens two days ago. When I brought them home my DH accused me of bringing home emus [​IMG] So after a day of confinement and lots of stink eye (directed at me [​IMG]) from speckles my new cochins are settling in nicely. They are 6 months old and very sweet (but not as sweet as my girl Specks). I would like to introduce Princess and Perdita (no I can't tell then apart)

[​IMG]
    All they need is a parasol each!!

[​IMG]
    Speckles is not intimidated by their size, she has quickly told them who is boss when it comes to treats.

[​IMG]
    they both have lots of growing to do!

[​IMG]
    Beautiful feathers

[​IMG]
    putting up with being held, I heard some fowl language for subjecting her to this

[​IMG]
    enjoying their free range time with LOTS of treats, I am not above bribery

2. BrianT

BrianT Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2010
    North FL
    Cochins are awesome birds.

3. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Oh, they're adorable! I've had bantam cochins but never a standard one--they sure look cuddly! They look spoiled, too. [​IMG]

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I now know that the black Cochin I have really IS a bantam! I had my doubts until I saw these pictures of yours.

Lola is bigger than any other bantam Cochins I've had - only 4 in the past 7 months, but 3 have met unexpected deaths - so I thought, "Another feed store mistake." But your girls are far larger than my Lola.

5. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    I LOVE the 1st picture! [​IMG] Looks like they're just floating around! [​IMG]
    Where are their feet! [​IMG]

6. PippyChicken

PippyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2009
    AL
    [​IMG]

7. kla37

kla37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    They are beautiful! Congrats! [​IMG]

8. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

They are beautiful! Love Cochins - large and bantam.

Someone recently told me that Cochins look like they are wearing pajamas [​IMG]

9. Criskin

Criskin Lost somewhere in a book

Very regal ladies. Perfect names!

10. Plucky Pullet

Plucky Pullet Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2010
    Thank you for all the comments :) I love the way my chickens look, now fingers crossed all the bribery will encourage them to start laying soon-ish... pretty please

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

I LOVE the 1st picture! [​IMG] Looks like they're just floating around! [​IMG]
    Where are their feet! [​IMG]

it is my favorite picture too!! They are beautiful birds, but let me tell you they sure do know it.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by