I would LOVE it, my Dad would go nuts!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by gritsar, Oct 29, 2010.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    We had our first chilly night of the season last night and I'm ready to head to Florida. My aching joints would appreciate it so much!

So, being up at this bizarre time of the morning and with nothing better to do I started searching mobile homes for sale in the town where my dad lives. Found a beautiful home, at a price we could easily afford out of our retirement savings, there's just one problem. It's not only in the same retirement village my dad lives in, according to the address, it's right next door!

Hmm, happy joints vs. a seriously ticked off Dad. Decisions! Decisions! [​IMG]

2. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)
    Haha, do it! Wait....can you have chickens there?

3. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Heheheh...sounds like there's a message in there somewhere.

4. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:[​IMG]
    Chickens? I think you are only allowed one dog without a special permit. We'd have to hide the cats. If I remember the rules of his park correctly, you must wear a rubber bathing cap to swim in the community pool; tacky rubber flowers on the cap are optional. [​IMG]

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

No way! I'd never go to Florida. Aw, Kat, you're not a flatlander at heart, are ya? Nah, not you!

6. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Cyn, coming from a broken home I've lived in alot of places - part time in Florida, part time in NC. I've also lived in Colorado, Georgia (Kennesaw), and Tennessee. I attended high school in Miami. NC will always be home to me, but there's something to be said for central Florida's winters. [​IMG]

7. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Haul it down here, Kat! Our winters aren't bad.
    There is property for sale on my road and between the 2 of us, we could team up and drive our DHs around the bend!

8. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Too late. I already sent Keith around the bend about his fourth month home on sick leave. [​IMG]

9. Orchid

Orchid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    North Central MN
    How bad could winter possibly be in Arkansas? (Random Minnesota thought. [​IMG])

You should mess with your dad. Just a little. You don't want his life to be boring, do you?

10. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Dad's schedule:

Monday - volunteering at the nursing home in the morning, bowling in the evening.
    Tuesday - card night, rotating amongst several friends houses.
    Wednesday - volunteering at the hospital, darts at a local pub.
    Thursday - shooting pool.
    Friday - volunteering at the nursing home, dinner at his girlfriends house (the gold diggin' hussey!)
    Saturday - confession at the local catholic church for all the things he did while bowling, shooting darts, and pool, etc. Supper at the Elks club.
    Sunday - church, then off to his girlfriend's house.

Walks every morning, plus meetings throughout the month at the Elks, The Lions Club, the VFW, and the Knights of Columbus. He also does the cooking whenever they have shindigs.

He'll be 89 on Monday and I hope that I can catch him at home when I call to wish him a happy birthday. [​IMG]

I have a feeling that if we lived next door to him I'd see him about as much as I do now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by