I wouldn’t trade all this for the world

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by cat1994, Nov 16, 2011.

1. cat1994

cat1994 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    I got home from school at 3:30, dropped my homework at the door and quickly changed out of my school uniform in to rubber boats, overalls, and a big jacket, and ran out the door. The sun goes down really fast now so I have to get all my chores done fast or I will be in the dark.

First I let my mixed flock of chickens out in to their big grass run
    Then freshened up the dogs bedding in the barn and made sure they had food and water, and gave them each a lil loving and hugging.
    I headed over to my two horses and fed and brushed them.
    I had to hurry up and feed my cow or else she would begin to throw a tantrum, of course I gave her lots of loving up on (don’t tell anyone but she is my favorite).
    I then had to run back up to the house and turn on the hose and head down to the duck house, I gave them new water, and made sure they had food, and freshened up their bedding, I sat there for a while and watched them have a blast in their water, I love watching them and listening to the silly lil chatter boxes.
    I gave my geese new water and made sure they had feed and gave them some treats.
    Then I headed over to my Silkie hens and made sure they had water and food, collected the eggs, freshened up their bedding, and moved the chicken tractor they are in to fresh grass and sat down in the lil yard so they could come up for treats and sit on my lap.
    I headed down to my big chicken house then and watched some CTV (chicken TV) for a while then called everyone in from the big grass run with some treats and shut them up for the night (it is almost dark now), collected the eggs, made sure they had food and water, and freshened up their bedding.
    I got inside and put the eggs in the frig, changed into some comfy sweat pants, and made sure the G-pigs had food and water, I freshened up their bedding, and garbed them up for some out of cage time with me.

And so here I sit and type this with 3 G-pigs on my lap eating carrots and having a blast
    Yeah I’m feeling pretty at peace right now… I wouldn’t trade this life of mine for anything... I love having animals!

!!OH MAN I HAVE HOMEWORK!!

I knew I was forgetting something lol

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  2. rebel-rousing-at-night

rebel-rousing-at-night Chillin' With My Peeps

Sounds like a wonderful life. Enjoy. [​IMG]

3. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    great story... no do your home work....lol [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

Wonderful Life! [​IMG]

5. GardenGal

GardenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    Great, isn't it? [​IMG] What kind of cow do you have?

6. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Love it! [​IMG]

7. jbourget

jbourget Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    CT
    Oh my god that cracked me up lol i was imagining myself doing the same exact things just an hour ago. except when i get home it is 4:45 and i literally have 10 minutes before i loose daylight. It takes me about 2 hours to complete everything, just as you describe. Freshen up the bedding it the big part with my call ducks lol. dang little guys i do enjoy watching them too (with a flashlight) now. it of course isnt as great as daylight. Now i look forward to doing animal stuff on the weekends. Here ill post a few pictures of my livestock, My cows are second on my favorites list though! Jacob sheep i have are by far the coolest creatures i have had the pleasure to own. This is oliver

[​IMG]

and the girls! still calves though
    [​IMG]

and this is my first little lamb i ever had born here at my farm

[​IMG]

I too wouldnt trade any other life. i know winters comming and its going to be a real pain but i am young, and can do it!!! im going to have many kids to help out with chores in the years to come!!! [​IMG]

8. cat1994

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    My cow is a Holstein heifer named Seven I love her lol I raised her from a baby so she and I are very close she is two yrs old but since she was born a runt with birth defects she didn't grow out right so she is no bigger then a one yr old Holstein heifer, and sillier then any cow I have ever seen lol
    here she is, these pics were taken on her second birth day
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. cat1994

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    Quote:Well all your animals are cool and all but your lil cows are so cute!!!! I just have to admit I am a softy for cows in general there is just something about cattle that I love. Are they Highland cattle (or is it Highlander cattle)? I love those fuzzy lil cows but it gets so hot here that they would be miserable unless I shaved them all the time lol

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  10. GardenGal

GardenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    Oh man, I have cow envy! Great pictures [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by