I wrote a song called "Chickens in the Yard"

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by asullivanmusic, Mar 15, 2015.

1. asullivanmusic

asullivanmusic New Egg

Mar 15, 2013
    Hey BYC!

I am more of a lurker here than a regular poster but I have something I just HAD to share with you all. I am a singer/songwriter and back in late February I released a new album. One of the songs on it that I think many of you will like is called "Chickens in the Yard," which was inspired by the 5 girls that my wife and I have owned for a couple years now!

Here's the link to check it out. Enjoy!!

https://andrewsullivan.bandcamp.com/track/chickens-in-the-yard

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
    2 people like this.
  2. justplainbatty

justplainbatty Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    emmet MI
    I liked it! More of a love song but I wonder if it would get a few people to wonder what it would be like to have chickens in the yard as part of the love story. [​IMG]

3. crazyfeathers

crazyfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2013
    Auburndale, Wi
    Not into love songs but I liked your voice and the melody! It would have been awesome if it was a love story about chickens in the backyard lol. Thanks for sharing. ;)

4. asullivanmusic

asullivanmusic New Egg

Mar 15, 2013
    Thanks guys! I appreciate you taking the time to listen. [​IMG]

5. Americano Blue

Americano Blue Mush on!

Apr 14, 2014
    Hello Spring
    My Coop
    Awesome!!!!!!!

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I love it! You have a most beautiful voice!! Thank you for sharing with us all! [​IMG]

7. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    I really enjoyed listening to your song. I like love songs and throwing chickens into the song is a little like having frosting on the cake. My wife and I were both raised in the great state of Texas, not too far from where you are (Blue Ridge for her, Greenville for me), and I have relatives even closer (Weatherford, TX). You have a very nice voice and I wish you good luck in your singing career.

8. asullivanmusic

asullivanmusic New Egg

Mar 15, 2013
    Thank you both! It means a lot that you'd take the time to check out the song. :)

9. asullivanmusic

asullivanmusic New Egg

Mar 15, 2013
    Sorry to bump a really old thread, but I wanted to share that we made a music video for this song. Some of our flock took the time to perform for us! They're such stars. [​IMG]

Anyhow: here it is, the music video for "Chickens in the Yard." Enjoy!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by