Iam pretty new at raising silkies

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by champ, Sep 26, 2016.

1. champ

champ New Egg

Aug 4, 2016
    So last week I lost my rooster when I went out to the chicken coop he was off to the side by himself and looks like he was gasping for air and I walked right up and pick him up which wasn't normal and my mom was kind of trying to massage his crop because the way he was acting was like he was choking or something and so he spit up some corn and some slimy mucus stuff and then he died and then yesterday I went out to the pen and one of my little hands was off to the side by yourself and I walked right up and picked her up and she had a little spot on the back of her head where it looks like she's been in a chicken fight where they pecked her and she wasn't walking right she was like off-balance to one side and one of her eyes was closed she never really opened it so I separated her and to keep her safe and she died on me today and I don't know if there's something wrong or what my chickens I feed them a lot they get a lot of veggies from the garden and then I feed him a layered feed but they are skinny when you pick them up you can feel their breast plate or whatever it sticks out it's real sharp real sharp and they eat a lot and I burned them last month and they're still the same there they act like they're starving to death almost when you go out there but I feed them a lot trust me it's not from lack of food so I'm not sure what's wrong if I got something going on with my whole gang of chickens did somebody give me some suggestions please thank you

2. Little Fuzzy

Little Fuzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2016
    Maybe they have worms.

3. Little Fuzzy

Little Fuzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2016
    What kind of "layered" feed are you feeding them? Is it something you mix yourself, or professional feed brand?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by