IBW...Cyns and BLRWs...Pics of chicks page 4!!!!!!

My goodness HE finally a hatched. A huge beautiful, upright, comb endowed BLRW ROOOOOO
sad.png
I can not believe it!!

EVERY single one of our first hatches has been a roo. Do you all have that happen too??? It would be really interesting to have everyone hatching eggs watch this and see what the percentage of firstborns are roos.

And he sure took his sweet time!! A full 36 hours from pip to hatch. But he is perfectly healthy with NO belly problems and a perfectly dry hatch. So that is 3 in a row now that have hatched alone and been perfectly fine. So we are definitely moving in the right direction.

Now if we could get more than just 2-3 per dozen hatching we would be doing much better.

BUT we do have 2 more BLRWs and a blue Orp that I KNOW are still alive. I can see them moving!! My goodness they are slowpokes. We are more than half way through day 22. What causes late hatches??

O.K. I'm sure this will fall under category of dumb questions, but....How can you tell if it's a roo on day one. I thought they had to be older.

All 12 of my EE and BR eggs have just finished hatching. Do the ones with the itty bitty combs already mean roo? If so, I've got a bunch.

Well we have another very light BLRW who hatched today as I was running out the door to work and one that we pipped (We are half way through day 23 for heavens sake) that is still alive and not progressing. If that one is not out by the morning I will help it more.

As for obvious roos, some have sex link characteristics so it is easy to tell and for the rest.... well I guess it is pure speculation. There is the bigger body, bigger head, erect stance, agressive behavior, thicker legs etc.

Cyn, just wanted to say thanks again!! The little splash orp is beyond adorable!! But you can breathe easy.. I think it is a roo too... It has the most ENORMOUS legs!!
big_smile.png

Here is Cupid, Rapha, and Eros my Blrws. So far, NONE are walking erect and all very calm
fl.gif
pullets!!

And then there is Valentine!! Jessica's splash orp.

DSCN2033.jpg

DSCN2036.jpg

DSCN2065.jpg

DSCN2023.jpg

DSCN2054.jpg

Back
Top Bottom