IBW take 2... Australorps!...Pip!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jeaucamom, Feb 4, 2008.

1. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    7 am and the Australorps are in the 1588. Temps are steady and humidity is 67% I even tested the hygrometer in the salt solution in the ziplock, so I know it is accurate. We have very high hopes for this hatch!! Day 18 started at 11 am yesterday, so we waited longer this time. Day 19 starts at 11 am. Yeah Chickies... come to mommy!!!!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2008
  2. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Come on out little ones! We're waiting to see you! [​IMG]

3. Eryn

Eryn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    How fun!! Don't you have the EE's in with these eggs? Or are they in yet another bunch? If you have another post going for the EE watch let me know pleaseeee! [​IMG] I'm dying with eggcitement waiting for these babies!!!! [​IMG][​IMG]:weee

4. jeaucamom

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    The EEs have been incubating with these but they won't be ready for the hatcher until Weds. am. Since I am pretty sure these will not be done hatching by then, I have ordered another 1588 and that is what they will go into. Then when the Australorps are done, I have 42 more eggs waiting to go into there. OM gosh, someone pass the anti-anxiety meds!!

5. Eryn

Jan 13, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Quote:42 more eggs!!!! [​IMG] Oh gosh Suz! What are you gonna do with the 5 million chickens you are gonna end up with at the rate you are going???? [​IMG]

6. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Good luck with your hatches Suz! You must be under IBW big time. Sending hatching dust your way. [​IMG]

Jody

7. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Yeah, what are you going to do with all these chickens [​IMG]

I have 32 eggs on the way [​IMG] go in the bator probably wednesday night or thursday.

I think we need intervention [​IMG]

8. jeaucamom

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    So far I have completely rationalized my behavior this way....

Shipping eggs only have a hatching rate of 30-50%.
    Then 50% (or more) wind up to be roos.

So you see... I HAD to hatch 137 eggs just to get a few hens. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. ncgnance

ncgnance Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Iredell County, NC
    It's a sickness I tell you, a sickness!! It's like being pregnant without having to give birth. The suspense-the agony-come on little biddie...

10. Eryn

Jan 13, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Quote:OMG Suz!!!! I love that logic!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]
    I'm gonna go tell my DH that I need to hatch 137 eggs to get a few more hens!!!! [​IMG][​IMG] Hopefully he doesn't kill me! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by