iCarly - ichicks

Rhett&SarahsMom

Songster
11 Years
May 8, 2008
This is my daughters fave episode. Which is fine with me. But I am going nuts hearing it and listening to all the "wrong" things about hatching and keeping day old chicks.
Even my dh, upon watching the episode said "Those arent day old chicks. They are feathering out. See."

I guess he is more a chicken man than I thought.
wink.png

I'm trying to remember the episode.... I remember when I saw it I was surprised that they even mentioned things like them needing to be warm, etc. Most shows would just have them in a box like they don't need anything..... so I actually thought it was nice that they showed that you cannot get some and just bring them home and throw them in a box with some food and water. That there are requirements.

Trying to remember what was said about them exactly as far as mis-information.... it's been MONTHS since I caught that episode... maybe even a year LOL

Quote:
I know it's all in "fun" And it is nice that they have the kids having them in a incubator and being responsible.

I just thought it was funny that my non chicken husband even caught that the chicks were not day old when they had hatched and were everywhere in the apartment.
I actually love the show and a few nights a week my dh and I choose to watch TiVo'd episodes of iCarly rather than some of the other stuff that is on.

My kids love it too. But my oldest DD rolls her eyes when they say that the chicks can survive for four hours without heat. They even named last years chicks the same. But we found out that Poachie is a bad name for a chick. Both chicks named that way died.

It mentioned the temp - I brought a partially hatched chick up to the house because it looked like it was having trouble (it was under a broody). My 8yo DD is a huge fan of iCarly and the first thing she said was "Mom, it needs to be 99 point 5" in a very authoritative voice - I was astonished. She started quoting things from that show about chick care. I never watched the whole episode start to finish, but somehow the chicks get out and they're chasing them all over the building.

That is funny... I doubt my DH would have caught it
wink.png
I remember when I first joined BYC... someone LOST a chick out of the bator.... and yup, it escaped! LOL They found it eventually. LMAO

I love that show.
lol.png
(I'm allowed to watch it, I'm in high school.) The episode itself was intriguing. Although some of those facts were fictional, I still enjoyed watching something that I could relate to...well, not the part when they lose them, anyway.

It's amusing. Much better than the garbage on other kid's channels, not that I watch too many of them anymore...
roll.png

Since my daughter figured out how to set up the TiVo she has been on a rampage.
hmm.png

We have iCarly set up. The cast and writing are really good.

Sponge Bob is currently playing. I didnt get why people thought SB was funny. Until my dd picked it up. OMG I LMAO.

What Not to Wear is her fave "fashion" show.

She still will watch Word World now and then. And Animal Planet shows.

She also watches JAG still and will sometimes watch All My Children with me. She cracks me up when she talks about "crazy Annie" Erica Kane and the rest of the characters.

Back
Top Bottom