Ice in waterer in CA !

chixbvs

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 28, 2008
We are outside of Bakersfield at 4500 altitiude- I found ice in the waterers this morning - its only October 10th ! Guess I'd better get a start on winterizing the coop. (but you know it will be 80 again by Monday !

Thats alright, insulation helps against heat and cold. IT is going to be a bad winter. Snow west of us and coming this way they said on the news this am.

What the heck? I'm at 500ft and we were 90+ all week long. The weather decided to give us a break today (high of mid 70s) but I'm sure it will be back with the Santa Ana winds.
hmm.png

Quote:
Yeah, Carrie, you are in the area that seems to stay hot all the time. This morning when I left my house at 7:30 am it was 46 - we are at 3000 ft. By Sunday the high here is supposed to be low 60's, lows in the 30's - So yeah ICE! Here we go!

Quote:
Yeah, Carrie, you are in the area that seems to stay hot all the time. This morning when I left my house at 7:30 am it was 46 - we are at 3000 ft. By Sunday the high here is supposed to be low 60's, lows in the 30's - So yeah ICE! Here we go!

I wish someone would have told me that before I moved here.
roll.png
We looked at houses in the wintertime. DUH!

Good grief!!
Well, I'm from Ventura County so this is all too hot for me! I've only been down here three years... I have a feeling it's going to take another 10 for me to get used to this weather.

Now this morning it is 22.8 degrees out ! Even the water in the dog's (blue plastic) wading pool is frozen solid ! But the chickens are out and about as usual, don't seem to mind it ! We're the "land of four seasons" up here, but not usually this early in the year !

WOW!! We have been pretty cold in the mornings, for us anyway. It's been in the 40s the past two nights. I'll tell you what, though. I had a horse broke out in Bakersfield, and going out there to watch her progress was like driving to hell. It gets HOT out there!
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom