Iced Coffee Recipe?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by chickeypoo, May 30, 2010.

1. chickeypoo

chickeypoo The Enabler

Feb 4, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I need a good iced coffee recipe. I am too hot to drink hot coffee.. as much as i love it.. but i want something that is still coffee but sweet..and refreshing and cooling. Please help lol. [​IMG]
    Thanks.. if this needs to be moved.. go for it. i didn't know where to put it.

2. chickensista

chickensista Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2008
    CT
    This is yummy:
    Brew a pot of coffee. Let it cool a little, add sweetened condensed milk to taste. Place everything in the fridge to make it nice and cold. Stir it before pouring. Over ice if you like.
    [​IMG]

note: do not use ice cubes to cool the brewed coffee - it will water it down.

3. chickeypoo

chickeypoo The Enabler

Feb 4, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Sounds yummy. I looked up an iced coffee recipe and it says when you add the sweetened condensed milk.. that's how the veitnemese do it. [​IMG] i love coffee but man, i need somethign cold lol.esp when it's in the 90s and humid. also take some of that coffee and make ice cubes out it. that way you don't water your iced coffee down [​IMG]

4. squeakyballs

squeakyballs Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    Tucson, AZ
    When you brew coffee in the morning put any left overs into ice-cube trays and transfer the cubes to a ziplock bag. Build up a supply. Hot coffee (or refrigerated left over coffee) + coffee cubes = iced coffee.

Another option is to try cold brewed coffee. It is delicious and even more caffinated than regular coffee! It has a lot of notes that you don't notice in normal coffee. http://smittenkitchen.com/2008/08/cold-brewed-iced-coffee/ Some people add a splash of orange juice or an orange wedge. I've found it easiest to make in a French Press (they are rather inexpensive at Ikea).

Either way, remember to add lots of cream and sugar. I'm like the Beastie Boys, I like my sugar with coffee and cream.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2010
  5. squeakyballs

squeakyballs Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    Tucson, AZ
    I'm a thread killer [​IMG]

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Tofu, it's been less than an hour! That doesn't make you a "thread killer".

7. stilldeb

stilldeb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    NW Kentucky
    My uncle was from Germany and he always put sweetened condensed milk in his coffee, even hot. It's good.

deb g

8. chics in the sun

chics in the sun Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2010
    St.Petersburg
    I just pour my leftover coffee into a glass, about half-full. Add a spoonfull of sugar (more if you like it really sweet, which I don't), stir BEFORE adding cold milk and ice cubes so the sugar disolves. The frozen coffee for ice cubes is such a good idea. I just saw that a few weeks ago from a coffee place on the beach.

9. chickeypoo

chickeypoo The Enabler

Feb 4, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I have brewed regular coffee and poured it in my cup only to come back a while later and it's cold(but still good cuz of the creamer and sugar in it lol) well,maybe not COLD but not HOT lol. so.. thanks for the ideas [​IMG] i was gone a lot today so i was just able to get on here not too long ago to check [​IMG]

10. missred871

missred871 Eggxhausted Momma

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    when I was working the graveyard shift at the hotel as a desk clerk I would brew the coffee and get a big to go cup from like taco bell or whatever and add as much sugar as i wanted, add the coffee and some instant cappaccino (either folgers, swiss, or hills bro) either caramel or french vanilla and then add a little bit of milk and ice, TASTES DELICIOUS! I love the mcdonalds frappes too. TASTY! I dont care much for hot coffee it tends to upset my stomach but I absolutely LOOOOVE Iced coffee. I experiment all the time with different stuff, I have the Baileys caramel creamer, it makes great iced coffee as well. I dont freeze coffee cubes but that is an absolutely fab idea, I used to do that with sweet tea and koolaide. Just never tried it with coffee lol.

Cafe' Popsicles

If you have some left over coffee in your pot then use it!

Make the coffee how you like to drink it, sugar and milk or creamer

pour it into popsicle molds and freeze

ENJOY [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by