Iceland

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by I have WHAT in my yard?, Nov 26, 2008.

1. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    The economy in iceland makes ours look healthy. The Icelandic people are some of the most culturally even keeled polite people on the planet. They had their first violent protest there this week.

It is strange to me to watch because their "violent" protest looks like our world series "celebration". But for them it is huge.

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Just wait until the new president tells you that he is de-valuing the dollar and that everything will need to be exchanged for "Ameros", the new currency for US/Canada/Mexico/Ecuador(currently uses the US dollar)

Those who have savings are going to be.... *&^&^%#^#%&^(*^!!!

If the banks all failed here, what do you think American's would do?

3. geoaware

geoaware Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2007
    Southern Maine
    I have been to Iceland a few times...and it has to be one of the most wonderful places on earth because of the people, scenery and the geology. I feel for the people....cause they are in economic disaster.

4. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Quote:Remember the LA riots? Or the Hurricane Katrina aftermath? Yeah kinda like that.

5. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    It bodes ill for the rest of us! [​IMG] Get ready, it's coming!

6. SewingDiva

SewingDiva Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I've been there also and we have good friends there, so I feel exactly the same way about the people and the place. However, Iceland's economy is substanitally different from the US economy, and direct comparisions of doom are a waste of time.

Phyllis

7. greyfields

greyfields Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    I've always wanted to go to Iceland for a visit.

8. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    I find Iceland fascinating. The geological features are too cool! Also they have Bjork! [​IMG]

9. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Quote:But at present, they have no money. Truly sad.... but I guess they have each other... and that's what's most important.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2008
  10. DuckyBoys

DuckyBoys Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Quote:How so? I've never been there so I don't know how it is different. It is not capitalistic?

I don't think we need to rely on Iceland's situation for out own thoughts of doom, I mean America will be OK in the long run - but I feel a VERY tough year coming on.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by