Icelandic pullets~NPIP~

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by gamamachik, Dec 7, 2011.

1. gamamachik

gamamachik Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2009
    South GA
    We have up for auction 2 Icelandic pullets...about 8 weeks old....These chickens were brought to Iceland by the Vikings in the 9th century AD and were found on most farms for centuries. One of their Icelandic names -- Íslenka landnámshænan -- means "Icelandic hen of the settlers." With the advent of the commercial type chickens, by the 1950s the Icelandic breed was nearly extinct. All the birds now existing (less than 3,000) are descended from a very small group of fowl saved in the 1970s.

Icelandics are quite winter-hardy and lay white eggs. This is a long-lived breed and the hens make good broodies. They are also reputed to be quite docile. They are excellent on range.

There is a great variety in plumage and leg coloration, many comb types exist in the population.... Crests also occur frequently. The facial skin is red and ear lobes are white.

I refer to them as our rainbow chickens...they will ship 12-13 or 12-14-11...shipping includes express shipping, heat pack if needed, feed, fruit or veggie for moisture...thank you for looking at our auction and welcome you to visit us at hodgesrarechickens.com....Have a wonderful holiday and be safe...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  2. BlazeJester

BlazeJester Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Midway, GA
    How old are these pullets?

3. gamamachik

gamamachik Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2009
    South GA
    About 8 weeks old....Thanks