Iceless 12 volt thermoelectric cooler incubator idea

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ylee1, Apr 20, 2017.

1. ylee1

ylee1 New Egg

Apr 20, 2017
    So Google doesn't have much searched for hours, the cooler is either hot or cold depending on voltage orientation. I want a complete 12 volt incubator so it runs off car battery that can be recharged with household voltage occasionally. With the right thermostat you could heat or cool if needed. Add a cpu fan for circulation, egg turner, hygrostat with small humidifier( have a USB one that hold about 20 ounces of water), some LED lighting and a viewing window. I am an industrial mechanic and can obtain PLC type thermostat with high and low temp adjustability. The thermoelectric cooler is just the heating and cooling elements built in already. Does this sound viable and good, did I miss anything??? As I said I searched Google for someone who already tried this but best I could find was wine cooler conversion. Maybe I could be a pioneer and document my project . I should have a pretty high end incubator for maybe $150, and could pull all the stuff and make a much larger cabinet one with only a heating element. Thanks for the help and input.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by