ID bantam pullet

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Patch of Heaven Farm, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Patch of Heaven Farm

Patch of Heaven Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

I have a bantam pullet that I recieved from Murray Mcmurray in June that I can not figure out what breed. Any help with this would be appreciated. Everyone seems to agree with game but no one can tell me what kind. She was very tiny when I got her. She was at least 1/3 the size of the other bantam chicks and I didn't really think she would make it. But here she is the meanest one of the bunch!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shes a tad muddy in the pics b/c it's been raining here for a few days. But she is a light yellow with light grey. [​IMG]

2. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    I had a cockerel and look the SAME except he was a male when i saw urs i thought I thought someone took a pic of my cockerel and post it but he didn't had grey feet [​IMG] i've been wondering too ehat breed are they?

3. mikarod

mikarod Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Looks like an OEG.

Old English Game. As for color...not certain...looks kind of like a splash, or a bad lemon blue...but I'm not that familiar with the breed to know all the different varieties.

4. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Porcelain OEGB I think

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I agree, Porcelain OEGB.

6. Patch of Heaven Farm

Quote:I promise I have not been sneaking around ur coop taking pics of ur roo. lol [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Patch of Heaven Farm

Thanks guys for the help. So I guess porcelain it is! [​IMG]

thanks again [​IMG]

8. Badhbh

Badhbh Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    Gotta be the voice of dissent. I think it's a Porcelain D'Uccle. [​IMG] Does she have any feathers on her legs? I don't know if they ALL have it or not. She looks like my Widow Mrs. Worthington, who I don't have a picture of. Here's (the late) Mr. Worthington though.

[​IMG]

9. mikarod

mikarod Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Nope...doesn't look a thing like a D'Uccle. D'Uccles have beards and also have feathered legs...usually heavily feathered legs.

10. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Quote:If it doesn't have feathered legs, isn't it considered a D'Anver?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by