I'd better introduce myself

BloomBunny

Songster
Dec 27, 2019
Illinois, USA
I joined about a month ago.:oops: I kept ending up on Backyard Chickens from search. Seemed like where I should be. I've learned a lot reading here, and now I have a collection of bookmarks. There is a lot of knowledge and experience on this site.:bow

I was expecting to have chickens by now :hit, but instead I'm preparing to hatch some coturnix quail:love. I've had trouble with the incubator so I'm going to try when its warmer.

When I do get my chickens, I want to work on a heritage breed, maybe Dorking or Nankin. I love how old the breeds are.

I like eating with less environmental impact. Chicken, quail, and rabbits are a way I can grow soil while growing food. That said, my rabbits were mainly pets. And, uh, garden enhancers.:old

Welcome to BYC.
I love hatching quail.
My newest additions. IMG_20200218_165215.jpg

I joined about a month ago.:oops: I kept ending up on Backyard Chickens from search. Seemed like where I should be. I've learned a lot reading here, and now I have a collection of bookmarks. There is a lot of knowledge and experience on this site.:bow

I was expecting to have chickens by now :hit, but instead I'm preparing to hatch some coturnix quail:love. I've had trouble with the incubator so I'm going to try when its warmer.

When I do get my chickens, I want to work on a heritage breed, maybe Dorking or Nankin. I love how old the breeds are.

I like eating with less environmental impact. Chicken, quail, and rabbits are a way I can grow soil while growing food. That said, my rabbits were mainly pets. And, uh, garden enhancers.:old
:welcome Welcome to the flock! You will soon learn that everyone on here is super helpful and friendly. I, much like you was on here a lot when I first got chickens. So I decided why not join.
Glad you decided to as well.:yesss:

Hello and a belated welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
Welcome to BYC.
I love hatching quail.
My newest additions.
Hi and welcome to BYC!! It's nice to meet you! :)
Hello there and welcome to BYC!

Quail are so much fun to keep!! Such personality in a tiny package. Good luck with the hatch and keep us posted!! :)
Thank you all for the kind welcome! :hugs
[and I'm already addicted to Kiki's spreadsheets]

Back
Top Bottom