1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

ID Chicks to adulthood

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mychickenbrood, Apr 12, 2012.

1. mychickenbrood

mychickenbrood Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2012
    Central Valley CA.
    Just wondering how long it is until the chicks look like the adult chickens they will become? Do I need to wait until the first molt?

I've checked out a few sites, inc. McMurray hatchery, and still cannot identify some chicks. I'm having trouble getting really good pictures, but I will try and post here. If anyone knows, please tell me. I can't wait to find out what they are!

Okay, how do I post pictures on this site. I seem to only be able to load one picture.

2. JerseyGiantfolk

JerseyGiantfolk Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2012
    [​IMG] Actually it doesn't say "Upload Photos" it says "Choose File"

3. mychickenbrood

Apr 12, 2012
    Central Valley CA.
    That's wonderful. Are you a 4H kid, or an adult who helps out and shows? Idon't know much about 4H. You had said you show Jersey Giants for a living. I found that intriguing. I've never shown, but see so many posts about showing that my interest has been peaked.

I'll try again to upload photos. I did use the "choose file" icon, but it seemed to only take one photo. When i uploaded a second one, it repalced the first. Just have to get used to this site, I guess. Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it.

4. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    you can only add one pic at a time when posting

5. mychickenbrood

Apr 12, 2012
    Central Valley CA.
    Okay, I am going to try once more. Thanks. Some [​IMG]may be duplicates, but I'll try not to do that. Having some trouble here, so I am going to post each as a new thread, listing chicks 1-16, I think it is. Please bare with me. I am new to this site as well as a different computer than I normally use, so is challenging.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by